ID Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

Maybe somebody can tell me what i'm seeing in the sky . It flies a bit higher than a jet for passenger's and it has at least 1 blue NAV light that flashes 10 times for every 2 sec's . It's staying with in the radar range of Sky Harbor Airport in Phx .

KOK5CY

ID AirCraft

Well i ran Flight Ware and nothing came up at all ....But from another online group stated it might have been combat air patrol watching the airport where airforce one is sitting at .

PHL_Approach

It's probably either Evac 1, 2 or Firebird (Phoenix PD). Helicopter traffic is very heavy within Phoenix Tracon.

N4JNW

Strobe hits 10 times in 2 seconds....... DANNNNNNGG.......

Higher than 40G.....

Very interesting...

radio10-8

From my flying days I remember right wingtip was green, left wingtip was red and tail were white. I dont recall any blue lights. Maybe they could be the new LED style for white that could look blue? I'm guessing maybe USSS for POTUS or Border Patrol Helo or a military Helo from a local base? Can you give more info? Direction of travel, time and duration?

William

I believe some military aircraft use low power blue lights.

Military aircraft often fly in a dark mode, but they use the blue lights so they can stay in formation. They also use them for refuling and other close formation work.

But these are steady lights, low intensity, and would not be visible from a distance.

William

Status
Not open for further replies.