• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ID Help on these parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioCrazy

Hi can any one tell me what these parts are for, and what they do,it seems they are for XTS5000 radios, thanks

Number. PMTN4113A
FPP CONNECTOR PROGRAMMING KEY

Keyload Adapter
NTN8613C

Last edited:

BORG

The PMTN4113A FPP Connector when attached to the side connector of a radio which is is only flashed Q52 will allow programming of the radio from the front panel keypad. If the radio was flashed with Q52 and Q53 the connector is not needed.

The other part number I will look up when I get a chance if someone else does not post a response sooner.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
NTN8613C KEYLOAD ADAPTER $89.25

Used in conjunction with a Hi-Rose cable to connect a key loader to the radio. If you have different flavors of radios that you need to key load, then it's nice to have one cable with a bunch of adapters. Otherwise, you'd have to buy/have a bunch of cables.

I have my Hi-Rose cable connected to my KVL with all of the adapters strapped to it, so I never have to go looking for the right adapter when the time comes.

RadioCrazy

Thank you both for your answers, I have been away from the hobbie for a long time, just sold my long time sturdy JT1000 and picking up a XTS5000 actually a XTS2500 converted to a 5000. Just one more question if I may, what is a a Hi-Rose cable to connect a key loader for? Is this for encrytion keys. Sorry for my ignorance, and thanks for all for your help.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
what is a a Hi-Rose cable to connect a key loader for? Is this for encrytion keys. Sorry for my ignorance, and thanks for all for your help.
Yes, it is. You attach the specific hi-rose adapter for the radio (Jedi, Spectra, XTL, etc) to keyload it.

RadioCrazy

Thank you all for your answers, you have shed some light on my not knowing the new way of doing things.
If later on in time I wanted to up grade the features in the radio what do I need to do it if I want to do it myself, or must I go to a Moto radio dealer to do it, must I have an unused flashcode and some kind of extra hardware other than a RIB and cable to be able to upgrade the software or features in the radio, thanks again and sorry for all these newbie questions.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Thank you all for your answers, you have shed some light on my not knowing the new way of doing things.
If later on in time I wanted to up grade the features in the radio what do I need to do it if I want to do it myself, or must I go to a Moto radio dealer to do it, must I have an unused flashcode and some kind of extra hardware other than a RIB and cable to be able to upgrade the software or features in the radio, thanks again and sorry for all these newbie questions.
For the XTS 1500, 2500 and 5000 you can use the standard programming cable to flash upgrade the radio. An XTS 3000 requires a SmartRIB. You'll need to find a local authorized Motorola shop to order it from. Some will give you grief about ordering it so you may have to check around. Adding upgrades will probably not be cheap but depends on what you want added.

mm

What indeed,

You can't convert an XTS2500 to an XTS5000 it has to one or the other.
Which do you have ?

Masher
At the Motorola U.S. Depot, not the Mexican one

Astro25

??

The 2500 controller is already just about the same as a 5000.... it's a baby 5000 is all it is. That's like saying you turned water in to water... same thing.

RadioCrazy

Yes sirs I did not do it but it was done for me, and it was a 2500 that was turned into a 5000, add the full keypad and the software telling it is a fullkeypad radio and the flash and its a 5000 at least thats what the guy told me.Also why would a Moto shop give me grief to order an up grade? Also here is the flash in the radio, you guys know anything about this stuff, the guy says I have it all in the radio? Is each flash # a unique # for each radio or are they all the same for each radio? Thanks guys

FLASHCODE 5A9088-101F87-0

TUNING VERSION R01.09.04

HOST R10.00.00

DSP R10.00.00

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep, you pretty much have a tricked out radio.

You do not need the PMTN4113A key to program it. You will only need NTN8613C if you have a KVL, Hi-Rose cable and an encryption module inside the radio.

Code:
[B]5A9088-101F87-0[/B]

Q806 	ASTRO Digital Operation
H14 	Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q52 	Federal Government FPP
Q498 	Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H43 	Trunked Radio Trace / Remote Monitor
H46 	Trunked One Touch Status Message
G996 	Over the Air Provisioning
H38 	SMARTZONE Systems Operation
G857 	FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set
Q947 	APCO Packet Data Interface
Q53 	FCC FPP And Radio Cloning
Q387 	Conventional Voting Scan
Q173 	SMARTZONE OMNILINK Multizone Operation
Q182 	Radio Control Protocol
Q361 	ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q445 	Fireground Accountability Software
Q446 	Channel Announcement
Q667 	ADP Encryption Software DSP Based Only

You should not have to upgrade that radio for a LONG time.

RadioCrazy

Thanks for the knowldge and advice you all share, it has been very very interesting, I have learned alot being away so long, cheers to all and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.