ID scanning vs ID searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAUC1632

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD536 HP and notice that when I do an ID search I pick up numerous ID's from near my area. When I go back to ID scan I don't receive those ID's although they are programmed into my favorite lists I have set up. Does anyone know what on my set up may be causing this?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Check to see that you have "Avoid" set to OFF for your programmed IDs and also that the "Service Type" you have set for those IDs is set to be scanned in Sentinel under Edit Profile.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Does the scanner display say Nothing to Scan when you switch to ID Scan? If so, you may not have the proper system types enabled in the profile. If you program favorites lists from scratch, the service type defaults to Custom 1.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Did you manually program or pull it down from RR? If you manually programmed, and after you try all of the other suggestions, having no success, you might try the automated download process using Sentinel. It will eliminate any question of programming error we all experience from time to time when we enter data manually and narrow down the possible causes. I figure the intent here is to get the scanner to behave in the manner you want... and HOW it gets there is not quite as important as it is just getting there. Once working, we have the time to ask how if we care to.

KAUC1632

Premium Subscriber
If QK's are used, Make sure they are enabled for the Departments.
Thanks, I think out of all the replies yours comes closest to explaining. After paying closer attention to the favorite lists I enabled I am realizing that the ID's that came up in search were showing up in their respective favorites lists. Maybe the fact that I sometimes enable 5 favorites lists at once cuts down my chances of hearing all activities on a particular system. On another note relative to responding to comments generated from my thread. Do I need to acknowledge all of the others or will they see my response to you? Is it courtesy to respond to all or not?

u2brent

OAMPT
Your good, everybody can see your responses. No need to reply to each member personally.. I just had a lucky guess..
If you have the same system spread across 5 FL's then I'd have to say your gonna miss traffic.
It's recommended to have the system scanned once per pass, Looking 5 different times to the same control CH for different TG data will slow things down..
But that's a different topic.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.