ID SEARCH broken with 2.00.07 firmware on BCD396T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4lhp

A little background... scanner is a BCD396T with the 2.00.07 firmware. Upgrade went fine.

Now the problem - I have a Motorola Type II system programmed in the scanner. In ID SCAN mode, it works as it should. When switched to ID SEARCH mode, the scanner will stop on any unprogrammed talkgroups, and talkgroups which are programmed into groups that were turned on for the ID SCAN mode, but it will not stop on talkgroups programmed into groups which were turned off for ID SCAN mode.

I seem to recall that before putting the radio into ID SEARCH mode would cause it to stop on any talkgroup as long as it wasn't locked out.

I've tried a memory reset, reloaded the system from the computer (no luck), manually created the system (no luck), and tried different combinations of settings for control channel only / status bit / end code and no luck.

Any advice? I'm hesitant to call this a firmware bug but it sure looks like it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That is also the way it worked prior to the update. If you lock out a channel or disable the GQK for a group the channel is in, the scanner won't stop on that channel in either ID Scan or ID Search mode. This facilitates using ID Search to find new channels without having to have a bunch of individual lockouts.

kf4lhp

Hmm... ok.

Guess I've gotten conditioned by the 780 sitting on the desk to just hit SRCH and be able to hear any talkgroup active and not locked out.

Oh well. Thanks for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.