BCD396XT/BCD996XT: ID Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

Is there a place where you set the ID search off/on like on the X36 models. I am picking a couple of ID's that I have not entered using Freescan.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm pretty sure that's the defualt on the TRS screen in FreeScan. You can change that, for future reference..Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And if you wanted to change the setting in FreeScan, it is on the Trunked System Setup screen, about in the center under ID Mode. Click on either ID Search or ID Scan as desired.

Probably worth noting: if you change the setting via the keypad as noted in the post above, should you open a FreeScan file and write that file to the scanner, the FreeScan file will supersede the keypad setting as part of the write process.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
On the 396XT: Press to toggle between ID SCAN and ID SEARCH while scanning a trunked system.
On the 396XT hold down the function button on the side and press the scan key while holding down function. This is the process for switching between search and scan modes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Oops - thanks for catching that. (I copied and pasted something from the manual and missed another part).

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
On the 396XT hold down the function button on the side and press the scan key while holding down function. This is the process for switching between search and scan modes.

I should also add that if you upgrade to the 325p2 it is much easier to operate as there are no buttons on the side everything is on the keypad. It programs with the same software and handles LSM distortion alot better than the XT. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.