ID tags on a pro 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

konie

Hi All, Im new here and thank you for having a great forum here, Ive leaned alot in a short few days....I bought the pro 97 a few days ago and dont quit understand how to add the TG ID tags where they need to go...this is what Im trying to understand...at http://www.scanohio.com/montgomery/ on this page is a map then on the left are trunking frequencies and below that is a list of the talkgroup ID's I need to get the Trotwood ID's in my scanner...how do I know what freq. they go under or am I totally in left field here.....any help would be appreciated Thanks

jeffrey420

Have you looked at the database here?

You can use Win97 to program the pro97. Free 30 day trial at starrsoft.com.

Plus if you subscribe here at RR you can do web imports.

konie

Thanks

Thanks for quick reply...yes I have looked at the database here and plan to get a cable for the computer soon to be able to use the win97 program. Didnt know I could do the web downloads tho so thats great, I need to subscribe but was hoping to get the few codes in by hand for the time being till I can get the cable I need.

jeffrey420

Try the link in my second post. It is for an easier to read manual. Radio Shacks manual kinda lacks all info needed.

I looked at the d.base also. It is a motorola system which means you only need the control channels entered. On the RR database they are in red with the asterick.

konie

Great help

Ohhhh looks like a good sourse of info..just what I need....Ive search for days trying to find something like this to make things easier....appreciate it TY

konie

yeahhhh

ahhh cool I will try that first thing tomorrow with the control channel.....yea I couldnt make alot of sense out of the RS manual a bit confusing for a newbie. You have a been a great help, Thank You for all the info...and I will join here once I get the cable that I need.

jeffrey420

Just enter the control channel freqs in. Set the channels for MOT using the mode button. Set the bank for MOT and scan in open mode and the talkgroup numbers will come up when they are active. You can then store them and cross ref them and input the text tags.

jeffrey420

Great help for him NeFire!

Use the cheat sheet link from NeFire for the know how and set it up like I said in my earlier post and you should be up and listening in about five minutes.

konie

NeFire Thank You !!!

Thanks for the link, havent had a chance to read it all yet.....did get my cable and subscribed here...trying to figure out the win97 software...seems Ive got the info I need programmed into the win97 from the web import but cant get it to show on my scanner...so not sure what Im doing wrong...heres a screenshot if ya have any ideas of what I might doing wrong. Thanks

Attachments

• win971.jpg
    win971.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 420

scnnr

Looking at that attachment that you have posted it is a converntional system. Where it says type change it to conv.

Last edited:

jeffrey420

Were you trying for a trunked system?

Just noticing all the talkgroups you have in there.

If you were trying for montgomery county, I don't see the control channels.

Last edited:

konie

jeffrey420 said:
Were you trying for a trunked system?

Just noticing all the talkgroups you have in there.

If you were trying for montgomery county, I don't see the control channels.

No I knew this wasnt a trunk system....Im surrounded by alot of small towns and alot of them still use the regular freq. Im still learning but need to get away from it for a few days....just when I think Im getting the hang of things Im stumped by something else. I know my scanner is probably a mess with codes everywhere but it will come to me hopefully....

konie

scnnr said:
Looking at that attachment that you have posted it is a converntional system. Where it says type change it to conv.

yep I did catch that after I sent in the screen shot...changed it but still dont see the freq in my scanner...probably need to erase all and start over...I dont know

jeffrey420

konie said:
yep I did catch that after I sent in the screen shot...changed it but still dont see the freq in my scanner...probably need to erase all and start over...I dont know

If you attach your p97 file here to a reply, we can take a look at the whole file.

Use windows explorer and go to the p97 file and right click on the file.

Go down to send to> and select zip folder.

Then when you reply here click on manage attachments and then attach file on the post.

konie

p97 file

ok heres the file.....I think Im making this harder then it really is...sorry to be such a pain but just not getting this......you can roll your eyes now your dealing with a woman here

Attachments

• Misc.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 64

jeffrey420

Try This File!

Give this file a try. I just took a guess on what to put in.

Attachments

• newfilkonie.zip
    30.5 KB · Views: 62

konie

yeahhhh

jeffrey420 said:
Give this file a try. I just took a guess on what to put in.

you will be happy to know that I got it working :) I found one thing I had done wrong that made the difference......wrong com port...I had bought a usb cable and didnt have the right port checked.....a little embarrassing but I guess this is how we all learn. I appreciate all the help you have given me. The file you did for me has alot more then what I had to start with so gonna check it out and again Thank You!!

jeffrey420

I hope that file works. Was unsure which site to use for Englewood. If site 101 does not work, try putting site 001 in a differant bank with the same talkgroup ID's.

I also added the fips code for the s.a.m.e. weater alert feature on the 97. I only put the code in for Montgomery county. It is nice to have when there are storms in the area. Most of all at night when sleeping.

Don't worry about bothering people here just because you new to these types of scanners.
We have all been there.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask questions. This is what the site is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.