ID Tracker II Alpha Release Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ohh yaa, You rock :) I didn't think we were getting one for the 996. I'm gonna give it a try right now!

Go-24

I have been thinking about a discriminator tap / slicer for quite some time so that I could identify new stuff - this doesnt seem to go that route. So how does the program help identify new trunk IDs?

Curious

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Well, Everytime I download this It gives me the current V.3.10.1, and not the new Alpha 0.1.0. I am clicking the link under the "ID Tracker II (Alpha Release)" Heading and it still gives me the original. Am I missing something? Thanks!

brscanning

Go-24 said:
I have been thinking about a discriminator tap / slicer for quite some time so that I could identify new stuff - this doesnt seem to go that route. So how does the program help identify new trunk IDs?

Curious
By placing the scanner in search mode, you can then captive the IDs and audio of unknown IDs. Then by going back and listening, you can then hopefully get enough information to identify the parties using that particular ID. Sometimes, people will identify the ID they are on and other times on a known ID they will say they are moving to a new channel (switched to TAC). You will then here them on an unidentified ID thus identifying the ID. Other times you must simply deduce the IDs from the conversations.

It's like play detective listening to the small details to discover new IDs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.