ID Tracker II Beta Update Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

New features in this version (0.4.0):

- Modified code to display all 100 Quick Key systems (0-99) if used.
- Add capability to read ID tag from the scanner if the ID is not currently identified in ID Tracker II.

See link in signature for web page link.

I have not gotten much feedback on ID Tracker II so either things are going extremely well or I am just not being told if there are problems occurring. I would like to hear from anyone experiencing problems with the program.

wjf

brscanning said:

I have not gotten much feedback on ID Tracker II so either things are going extremely well or I am just not being told if there are problems occurring. I would like to hear from anyone experiencing problems with the program.

Initializaton failed.

ICP963

Feed Provider
brscanning said:

- Modified code to display all 100 Quick Key systems (0-99) if used.
- Add capability to read ID tag from the scanner if the ID is not currently identified in ID Tracker II.

See link in signature for web page link.

0.4.0 seems to be working well here. Have been out of town for a bit so haven't put too much time into it yet.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
It works just fine for me and does what its made to do. Set your com port and baud rate and it should work just fine.

brscanning

wjf said:
Scannerbase rocks. Use it all the time.

This ID Tracker program, I'm not even sure what it's suppose to do. Can't get it to work, either.

I assume you checked your baud rate and port. I have not had access to a 396 yet although I was told at one point that 115200 was a problem. I am using a 996 at 115200 with no problems.

What type of errors are you getting? Press the F12 key to view the debug window.

wjf

brscanning said:
I assume you checked your baud rate and port. I have not had access to a 396 yet although I was told at one point that 115200 was a problem. I am using a 996 at 115200 with no problems.

What type of errors are you getting? Press the F12 key to view the debug window.

The error I got was as I posted. Sorry, but it was something like "Unable to intialize".

Not to be flip, but I dont recall the exact words.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Running 0.5.0 on BCD396T

So far, so good. Checking conventional as well as tracking.

Question re: the 100 red/black bars: significance=?

Suggestion: In your logging list, it would be nice to have another column for the Group. Description, if programmed, may be duplicated due to dependence on the Group qualifiers within the System. For example, System=WI-Podunk-MOT, Group=Podunk PD, Description=A01 Dispatch. Group=Podunk Fire also has Description=A01 Dispatch. Your logging list only shows the System and Description with the confusing same Description. Granted, you can look at the actual TGID logged, but adding the Group would aid in quick analysis. This would be of help in conventional system logging as well ...

Thanks for listening.

brscanning

bc780l said:
So far, so good. Checking conventional as well as tracking.

Question re: the 100 red/black bars: significance=?

Thanks for listening.

The bars are the systems as assigned to the quick keys. You can limit the number of rows shown. If you do not want to see them, set the rows to 0. I will look into the group thing.

brscanning

ID Tracker II - V0.5.1

I have update ID Tracker II so that it now includes the Group in the description of unidentified IDs. The format is "Group Name - Channel Name". If the ID is already identified in ID Tracker, the description will not be overwritten.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Finally was able to download 1.1.0 (busy web site...). Working fine with 996! The concatenation of group+channel works fine--it was needed. A separate column for futures? Next enhancement (for when you get the itch to do more programming) = sortable columns (might be nice to cluster), but that would imply 1st, 2nd, 3rd priority, too. In the list it would also be nice to optionally list the date for long sessions. Nice tool! Thanks!

brscanning

bc780l said:
Finally was able to download 1.1.0 (busy web site...). Working fine with 996! The concatenation of group+channel works fine--it was needed. A separate column for futures? Next enhancement (for when you get the itch to do more programming) = sortable columns (might be nice to cluster), but that would imply 1st, 2nd, 3rd priority, too. In the list it would also be nice to optionally list the date for long sessions. Nice tool! Thanks!

If you expand the time column, you will see the date as well. I will consider the sorting option. Not too sure about the clustering.

Status
Not open for further replies.