ID Tracker III Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

ID Tracker III development has progressed well in the last few weeks. Thanks to the holidays I was able to get the GRE support working. TrunkTracker IV was the first supported scanner since the protocol is easier to work with. I hope to have a test release available in the next week or two. I have attached some screen shots from development.

Attachments

• IDTrackerIII-1.jpg
    IDTrackerIII-1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 759
  • IDTrackerIII-2.jpg
    IDTrackerIII-2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 655
  • IDTrackerIII-3.jpg
    IDTrackerIII-3.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 738
  • IDTrackerIII-4.jpg
    IDTrackerIII-4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 689
  • IDTrackerIII-5.jpg
    IDTrackerIII-5.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 727

brscanning

Also will it be easy to upgrade from ID Tracker II and/or utilize data files and settings from the previous version?

Yes, it will read ID Tracker II files but ID Tracker III files will not be backward compatible with ID Tracker II. As far Uniden Radio IDs, if I can get the protocol to support this, it will. Since I do not have a Uniden radio that supports this, I may need some assistance in testing.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
David,

Lest you forget, I would like to again offer my thanks for the efforts you have put into this over the years. As far as a monitoring and logging program, IMHO, IDTracker has always been the best way to keep records (including the audio) from both known and unknown TGs. When the conventional channel stuff was added a few years ago, it made it the very best product out there, especially since you provided it to the community at no cost.

BRSCANNING, I used ID Tracker II for the first time last night with my new BCD396XT. Awesome program! Very user friendly! Thank you for putting your time into it. Maybe someone, somewhere can have the affordability to send you the equipement you need to continue your testing. Again, excellant job.

SherwoodPolice

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As far as a monitoring and logging program, IMHO, IDTracker has always been the best way to keep records (including the audio) from both known and unknown TGs.
I'll add to the thanks for this program. I used IDTracker II to show county authorities after they switched to the statewide trunked system why they were getting so many bonks on what they thought was "their" tower. They were surprised how many different talk groups were showing up on that tower.

brscanning

ID Tracker III

Thanks for all the comments and support. ID Tracker has been a hobby for me which is why I offer it at no charge. It not only allows me to better enjoy my other hobby of scanning, but also keeps my programming skills up to date for my real job. The new version of ID Tracker is being written in VB.Net which is fast replacing VB6. This is my first real VB.Net application and it has been a real learning experience.

As I stated in the past, by releasing ID Tracker to the public I have gotten many good suggestions from users that have helped make the application much better than if I had done it on my own.

Anyone who wants help test ID Tracker III, please email me at my callsign @bellsouth.net. All email addresses will be kept strictly confidential.

In testing, there will be a few new features beyond ID Tracker II that I hope you will like. I can almost guarantee that the will be "issues" which in the old non-politically correct days we called problems or bugs. There will also be some omitted features which will be added at a later date. However, I have been running ID Tracker III with my BDC996T for over a week now and as of yesterday I have begun using it with my PSR-500.

mandlair

David,Any updates? ID tracker programs are the best.As I have said many times in the past.I cant believe another ID tracker I know when it is done it will be the AWESOME!thanks again David. mike

brscanning

David,Any updates? ID tracker programs are the best.As I have said many times in the past.I cant believe another ID tracker I know when it is done it will be the AWESOME!thanks again David. mike

Mike,

It's undergoing alpha testing thanks to some very brave volunteers :) and things are going pretty good. I have the TrunkTracker IV and GRE support working and currently working on TrunkTracker III support. I hope to have a beta release within the next week or two but that depends on how much time I get to work on development and fixes.

Personally I have been using the new version for several weeks. There have been issues with things that I normally do not use but most of those have been addressed. If you are interested, please send me your email address and I will put you on the distribution list.

Status
Not open for further replies.