ID Tracker III - V1.19.1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid1

I seem to be having trouble installing.
I am using win7 x64.
I am logged on to win7 as Administrator
When I run ID Tracker III Installation.msi I get the following message.

Attachments

• id_install.jpg
    id_install.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

brscanning

I seem to be having trouble installing.
I am using win7 x64.
I am logged on to win7 as Administrator
When I run ID Tracker III Installation.msi I get the following message.

This is a new one for me. I did a little research some information that might help. Please try installing using this command:

msiexec.exe /i "ID Tracker III Installation.msi" DISABLEADVTSHORTCUTS=1

If that does not work then you might try just getting the EXE version, manually create the application folder and shortcut.

Placid1

Thank you. It didnt help.
I am having a problem with the program whenever I try to open the audio player Id tracker crashes and I have to close it manually to get it to start again.

Id tracker seems to be working fine other than that. If I look where the audio file folder is for id tracker there are files (wav &idx) being created.

I was hoping the installer might help with that but it sounds like it dosent matter if you just use the .exe or the installer.

brscanning

Thank you. It didnt help.
I am having a problem with the program whenever I try to open the audio player Id tracker crashes and I have to close it manually to get it to start again.

Id tracker seems to be working fine other than that. If I look where the audio file folder is for id tracker there are files (wav &idx) being created.

I was hoping the installer might help with that but it sounds like it dosent matter if you just use the .exe or the installer.

When ID Tracker crashes, do you get any errors? If so, please let me know what the exact error is. If not, check the System Events viewer to look for any possible errors.

Placid1

No I dont get any errors when ID Tracker crashes, it just stops doing anything.
Here is what I could find in the system events viewer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 1/29/2014 4:59:46 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: ******
Description:
The program IDTrackerIII.exe version 1.19.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1770
Start Time: 01cf1d2fa4818780
Termination Time: 10
Application Path: C:\ID Tracker III\IDTrackerIII.exe
Report Id:

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-01-29T23:59:46.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>10506</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Placid</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>IDTrackerIII.exe</Data>
<Data>1.19.1.0</Data>
<Data>1770</Data>
<Data>01cf1d2fa4818780</Data>
<Data>10</Data>
<Data>C:\ID Tracker III\IDTrackerIII.exe</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• hang.jpg
    hang.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 221

Placid1

I got it working!

I was looking at the program settings and noticed you could double click on the settings file.

So I found it was showing C:/users/me/appdata/roaming/idtrackerIII/idtrackerIII.ini

I tried to look at it on my hard drive but didnt see it. I had to change the view to show hidden files and folders.

After doing that I could access the .ini file there and I deleted it and tried running idtracker again and I could open the audio player without it crashing again.

Thank you very much for your help.

BTW: Is there a way I can change the location of the .ini file?

Last edited:

Placid1

Well the problem returned today.

I have figured out it has something to do with recording/playback of certain channels in a edacs system.
When the following set of audio files are placed in the audio folder then the issue happens(id tracker crashes when audio player is opened).

I do not know why they cause a crash,maybe you could please try them and see if you find anything about them that would cause a issue.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Audio_files2.zip
    173.7 KB · Views: 89

brscanning

Well the problem returned today.

I have figured out it has something to do with recording/playback of certain channels in a edacs system.
When the following set of audio files are placed in the audio folder then the issue happens(id tracker crashes when audio player is opened).

I do not know why they cause a crash,maybe you could please try them and see if you find anything about them that would cause a issue.
Thanks.

I have the file and will see what I can find.

brscanning

Wow. As soon as I copied the files, renamed them to match one of my EDACS system and tried to open the audio player ID Tracker froze. I should be able to debug it now and determine what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.