ID Tracker III - V1.2.1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

000:01:18.562 --> KEY,S,P®
000:01:18.593 <-- KEY,OK®
000:01:31.125 Application Error!
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: IDTrackerIII
Module: modIDTracker Routine: SetID
ID Tracker III - V1.2.1
000:01:36.734 Application Error!
000:01:39.281 Application Error!
000:01:42.453 Application Error!
000:01:53.640 Application Error!
Ran the latest version and got all this

brscanning

000:01:18.562 --> KEY,S,P®
000:01:18.593 <-- KEY,OK®
000:01:31.125 Application Error!
ID Tracker III - V1.2.1
000:01:36.734 Application Error!
000:01:39.281 Application Error!
000:01:42.453 Application Error!
000:01:53.640 Application Error!
Ran the latest version and got all this

I had another report of this. I sure of the cause yet. Is this on a conventional or trunked system?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Holy cow!!

I had used early versions of ID Tracker with my 245 and 780, but then just didn't use it after that. I happened to see the thread tonight and decided to download it to see what had changed. I'm using it now with my PSR500 and wow - what a difference :D:D:D!

The system control looks like a dispatch screen, it's easy to control everything and is logically laid out - very nice!! So many more features have been added. I can hardly wait to try it on my 996!!

Thanks David!

Mike

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Problems when connected to the 996:

When the main window and system control are open and tracking, if I stop tracking and click on the settings, I can't bring the settings window to the front (hidden behind the main window). I can't move the main window at all. I have to ctrl-alt-del and close the program and restart it.

Also, is there a way to determine what text will be shown on the system control buttons? It appears to be using a random group and site name for each button.

FWIW - Neither of these problems exist when connected to the PSR500.

Last edited:

mrkelso

Also tried it on my 996xt truncked and i got that same debug error window.

brscanning

All,

Sorry, but due to a lightning strike last night, it may be a while before I can address these issues. My GRE scanner has suffered a communication failure but the Uniden 996 is still running. I believe the problem with the GRE is the USB to serial converter. My BC780XLT is dead.

I also lost my power supply for both scanners and my antenna on the tower where the lightning struck.

It has taken me all day to restore my home network and connection to the Internet. I will try address ID Tracker issues as soon as I can.

brscanning

ID Tracker III - Version 1.2.2

I was able to get my BCD996T running on battery power and using a handheld antenna. This was enough to troubleshoot some code.

- Corrected issue that caused the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when tracking conventional frequencies on TrunkTracker IV scanners.

Download: ID Tracker III

Change History: ID Tracker III Version / Install Notes

mrkelso

1..2.2 working perfectly so far. Will report in if anything goes wrong.

This program is great.

brscanning

Problems when connected to the 996:

When the main window and system control are open and tracking, if I stop tracking and click on the settings, I can't bring the settings window to the front (hidden behind the main window). I can't move the main window at all. I have to ctrl-alt-del and close the program and restart it.

Also, is there a way to determine what text will be shown on the system control buttons? It appears to be using a random group and site name for each button.

FWIW - Neither of these problems exist when connected to the PSR500.

I am unable to re-create the problem with the settings window.

The system control buttons should match the names of the Scan Lists for GRE scanners.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I am unable to re-create the problem with the settings window.

The system control buttons should match the names of the Scan Lists for GRE scanners.

On the settings window issue, I'll try to get some more detailed info tomorrow if I don't figure it out.

On the control buttons, the labels are perfect on the GRE (which I must assume they were intended for), but rather random on the 996T.

Thanks!

Mike

mrkelso

I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that 1.2.2 has been running on my Imac in the Parallels and windows XP window for the last 24 hours with no problems. So i can run on a Mac as long as they have Paralells and at least 2 GB of Mem. I haven't tested it in any other virtual Envir so i can't say if it would work or not.

Dewey

I FULLY AGREE with Datainmotion... ID Tracker III has truly evolved from a great product to a BETTER THAN GREAT product! I do have one question. I really love the looks and operation of the System Control window, but it only illuminates (turns red) for activity on the one system displayed when I have more than one system assigned to a SQK. An example for me is that my SQK 1 is for DC, and has the following systems... "DC-Conv", "DC-Fire", DC-Police", and "DC-WMATA". The only label that shows on SQK 1 on the System Control window is "DC-WMATA" (this is also the only system displayed when I right click or hover over the SQK 1 Bank/System Indicator). So as long as I am receiving on the DC-WMATA system, the System Control window SQK 1 turns red, but when any of the other DC-xxxxx systems in SQK 1 are being received, the System Control window SQK 1 remains green (inactive). Am I possibly missing a setting somewhere? ID Tracker is still a better than great product!

Dewey

brscanning

I FULLY AGREE with Datainmotion... ID Tracker III has truly evolved from a great product to a BETTER THAN GREAT product! I do have one question. I really love the looks and operation of the System Control window, but it only illuminates (turns red) for activity on the one system displayed when I have more than one system assigned to a SQK. An example for me is that my SQK 1 is for DC, and has the following systems... "DC-Conv", "DC-Fire", DC-Police", and "DC-WMATA". The only label that shows on SQK 1 on the System Control window is "DC-WMATA" (this is also the only system displayed when I right click or hover over the SQK 1 Bank/System Indicator). So as long as I am receiving on the DC-WMATA system, the System Control window SQK 1 turns red, but when any of the other DC-xxxxx systems in SQK 1 are being received, the System Control window SQK 1 remains green (inactive). Am I possibly missing a setting somewhere? ID Tracker is still a better than great product!

Dewey

Dewey,

Thanks for the comments.

If I understand you correctly, you have a situation that I have never tested. I usually have one SQK per system or one SQK per site or group in a system. Never multiple systems on a single SQK.

My question here is, if there are multiple systems on a single SQK, how do you determine what should be displayed on the system control button? Also, since only one system can be edited at a time, which system does the indicator open to edit?

Right now I don't have a clear solution for this. Suggestions?

Dewey

Dewey,

Thanks for the comments.

If I understand you correctly, you have a situation that I have never tested. I usually have one SQK per system or one SQK per site or group in a system. Never multiple systems on a single SQK.

My question here is, if there are multiple systems on a single SQK, how do you determine what should be displayed on the system control button? Also, since only one system can be edited at a time, which system does the indicator open to edit?

I wish I could could give suggestions since ID Tracker is far too sweet to bring up problems without solutions!!! Unfortunately, I have no idea what-so-ever on what to do about it. My only wish, is that the corresponding System Control indicator button would illuminate with activity on any of the systems programmed into the respective SQK. Now to answer your questions, but first a little history...

The Metropolitan DC area is chocked full of systems, so I like to program my SQKs by jurisdiction...thus the reason for four systems programmed into SQK 1. In fact, I am using 33 SQKs just to cover the Baltimore-Washington and Northern Virginia areas, and several of them have multiple systems (my SQK for Prince George's Co, MD. contains 6 systems, P.G. Co conventional, P.G. Co's new trunked system, P.G. Co's EDACS system, Andrews Air Force Base, Gaylord/National Harbor, and U. of MD. College Park).

Now concerning your questions... I don't know what determines which system appears in the System Control window where multiple systems share the same SQK. If there is something I can do to help figure this out, just let me know. When I hover over or right-click on the Bank/System indicator, it always shows, and only allows access to the same system which happens to appear in the System Control window. So far, it has been the same systems that appear each time I start ID Tracker, but I have not given this enough time to see if different systems in the same SQK will appear on a restart.

Dewey

Dewey

Dewey,

Thanks for the comments.

Ok, updated FYI... in those case where multiple systems share the same SQK, it appears that the System Control window and Bank/System indicators will always show the last alphabetical sysem for that SQK.

Dewey

brscanning

Ok, updated FYI... in those case where multiple systems share the same SQK, it appears that the System Control window and Bank/System indicators will always show the last alphabetical sysem for that SQK.

Dewey

Dewey,

After a night of sleep, I have given this some thought.

My current idea is to allow user configuration of the system control window. This would allow you to define the title and the systems that are assigned to the quick key. I may be able to automatically determine which systems are on the QK, so the only option there would be to allow the user to define the title. If multiple systems are assigned to a QK, the a window would display to select which system to edit.

These initial thoughts are subject to change. :)

BTW - I cannot take credit for the system control idea. This was requested by one of the many users of ID Tracker.

Dewey

Dewey,

After a night of sleep, I have given this some thought.

My current idea is to allow user configuration of the system control window. This would allow you to define the title and the systems that are assigned to the quick key. I may be able to automatically determine which systems are on the QK, so the only option there would be to allow the user to define the title. If multiple systems are assigned to a QK, the a window would display to select which system to edit.

These initial thoughts are subject to change. :)

BTW - I cannot take credit for the system control idea. This was requested by one of the many users of ID Tracker.

***If*** I am understanding you correctly, the System Control indicators will have user definable labels, and right-clicking on an activity indicator will produce a selectable menu for SQKs that have multiple systems. W-O-W!!! I would only expect responses like that from someone like Micro$oft... so they can get richer. The only thing you didn't mention, not complaining but in case it was accidentally forgotten, is System Control indicators that would respond to any active system on the SQK.

Dewey

brscanning

The only thing you didn't mention, not complaining but in case it was accidentally forgotten, is System Control indicators that would respond to any active system on the SQK.

Dewey

Yes, I had thought of that but forgot to mention it. I will see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.