ID Tracker logging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I've tried communicating with the guy whose program this is but have gotten no response.

I downloaded and installed ID Tracker without problems. Wanted to run it on my new 536.

I've had issues with it in the past on my 600 and pretty much gave up on it but decided to try it again.

The current problem is it logs all conventional traffic, LTR traffic and P25 digital conventional.

It does not log ANY digital trunked traffic at all. P25 full systems or P25 one freq systems.

I've tried every setting for baud rate in both the program and in the scanner. I've tried with flow control on and off for each option.

I've deleted everything in the app data folder and started from scratch. I've tried with the system downloaded from RR and without it being downloaded.

I've Uninstalled and deleted everything from ID Tracker on the computer and reinstalled it all.

Still doesn't do digital trunking.

Twice it did do it but never again. Once on a full system and once on a one freq system. The baud rates were 4800 on the scanner and 19200 in the program both times. Both times occurred on same day.

Never again

It displays in the scanner control window but nothing displays in the main window except transmitting frequency. Nothing shows up in the log window either.

I'm completely stumped on it. So any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I won't even get into the 600 issues. It just goes crazy if anything but P25 systems are selected in the scan.

I'm using the cable that comes with the 536 btw so its not aftermarket.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
It would be helpful to know what program and trunking system your having problems with but anyway try setting the baud rate in both the scanner and program to 9600. This is a common baud rate used for trunking systems.

ID Tracker

I've tried communicating with the guy whose program this is but have gotten no response.

I downloaded and installed ID Tracker without problems. Wanted to run it on my new 536.

I've had issues with it in the past on my 600 and pretty much gave up on it but decided to try it again.

The current problem is it logs all conventional traffic, LTR traffic and P25 digital conventional.

It does not log ANY digital trunked traffic at all. P25 full systems or P25 one freq systems.

I've tried every setting for baud rate in both the program and in the scanner. I've tried with flow control on and off for each option.

I've deleted everything in the app data folder and started from scratch. I've tried with the system downloaded from RR and without it being downloaded.

I've Uninstalled and deleted everything from ID Tracker on the computer and reinstalled it all.

Still doesn't do digital trunking.

Twice it did do it but never again. Once on a full system and once on a one freq system. The baud rates were 4800 on the scanner and 19200 in the program both times. Both times occurred on same day.

Never again

It displays in the scanner control window but nothing displays in the main window except transmitting frequency. Nothing shows up in the log window either.

I'm completely stumped on it. So any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I won't even get into the 600 issues. It just goes crazy if anything but P25 systems are selected in the scan.

I'm using the cable that comes with the 536 btw so its not aftermarket.

Do you see the scanner scanning, like my attachment?

What version of ID Tracker?

Attachments

• IDTRACKER.jpg
    IDTRACKER.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 97

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It would be helpful to know what program and trunking system your having problems with but anyway try setting the baud rate in both the scanner and program to 9600. This is a common baud rate used for trunking systems.

As it says in both the subject line and the post itself the program is ID Tracker.

The system is the statewide STARS system in Virginia and a number of one frequency systems set up off the Rangers.

As it also says in the post I have tried ALL combinations regarding baud rate for both the scanner and the program. I've run each matched and each unmatched. None result in logging being displayed.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Do you see the scanner scanning, like my attachment?

What version of ID Tracker?

ID Tracker 3 latest version 1.20.0

As to what I see its yes and no. I have the top window you show and the bottom control window but I also have the logging window.

Everything shows up in the control window. Transmitting frequency shows up only in the top window and nothing shows up in the logging window when there is traffic on any P25 system. The control window shows everything accurately when there is traffic but not the other windows.

Here is what I have and as you can see the conventional stuff shows fine just not the digital trunked. And I've tried it with CC off and on with no difference.

Attachments

• ID 1.jpg
    ID 1.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.