ID Tracker (original) and 796 not happy together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

Couldn't find this discussed in the forums (searching is hard when one of the words is too short for the search engine and the other is fairly ubiquitous around here), so I'm going to post here.

I am trying to run ID Tracker on a laptop, an HP model 7010ca, running XP SP2 on 2gb RAM and a 60GB HD. It has no com port, but a Belkin USB2.0-to-serial adapter has done the task masterfully for years, handling the programming and monitoring of many of my radios over the RS232 connection.

The radio in question is a Uniden 796D. The baud rates are set the same in the program, the scanner, and Windows; the right COM port (2) for the adapter emulator is set; but every time I try to run ID Tracker it barfs on me. Here's what I get:

- The screen does the typical things ID Tracker does (I've had it run successfully on other computers before, in the past, just not this newest version), and gets to the point where it says "Saving Bank 21".
- A window pops up complaining of an "Application error! Step: SQ", and, when cleared, another error comes up: "Application error! Step: Reset ID". The program stops running at this point (or, at least, returns to its idle state; one can try clicking on 'Track' but it will go through the same motions).

On rare occasion it will load up fine - on the inital start. When it comes time to save (at least, that's when I think this happens), the above crops up again.

Any thoughts?

application error: step: sq and application error: step: reset ID (on saving bank 21)

SCPD

QRT
I personally much like the older versions of Id Tracker .. but well as things would have it. I dont think I have a copy.

Maybe if anyone has a copy they can let us know ?

brscanning

Jay,

If you will do me a favor I will try to figure out what the problem is. When the first error appears, press the "Copy" button on the error dialog and paste them in a message. That will give me a little more to go on.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
These are the two errors as shown when I try to hit Track.

Code:
ID Tracker  12-Oct-2006 08:09

Module ID: ID Tracker
Module Version: 3.10.2

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR
Application Error!
Step: SQ

DETAILS
ID Tracker   Version: 3.10.2
Module: modIDTracker   Routine: TrunkTrackerIII

Error (9): Subscript out of range

Code:
ID Tracker  12-Oct-2006 08:09

Module ID: ID Tracker
Module Version: 3.10.2

ERROR
Application Error!
Step: Reset ID

DETAILS
ID Tracker   Version: 3.10.2
Module: modIDTracker   Routine: Track

Error (9): Subscript out of range

To my untrained eye it would seem that the program is balking at the "Bank 21" that it is trying to save at that point. I'm not sure why it's even at a bank 21, considering the 796 has only banks 1 thru 10.

brscanning

edmscan said:
I personally much like the older versions of Id Tracker .. but well as things would have it. I dont think I have a copy.

Maybe if anyone has a copy they can let us know ?
Kevin,

What is it that you like better in the older versions of ID Tracker? I am always interested in way to improve the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.