Idaho department of corrections

clough361

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the new radio frequencies are for the idaho department of corrections they switched over to digital uhf band thanks Charlie

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
If they switched to the 700 MHz Digital ICAWIN System, the frequencies will be for the transmitters located near the facility. Talkgroups can be found using the ID Search function of your digital scanner. The talkgroups may be encrypted however.

No submittals have been made to update the database with information on this change.

Last edited:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
In the ARC software when you select a P25 System, the "General" Tab gives you a choice of setting "ID Search" to ON.
I don't know where you are located, but if you have the ICAWIN System in your area, just normally scan with ID Search on and see if you get any unknown talkgroups that are not encrypted.

clough361

Premium Subscriber
In the ARC software when you select a P25 System, the "General" Tab gives you a choice of setting "ID Search" to ON.
I don't know where you are located, but if you have the ICAWIN System in your area, just normally scan with ID Search on and see if you get any unknown talkgroups that are not encrypted.
Orofino Idaho area Clearwater County

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
The closest ICAWIN transmitter to Orofino is Lewiston Grade. That is pretty far away from Orofino. I am not sure due to mountains and terrain you could receive the Lewiston 700 MHZ. Have you tried to receive the 700 MHz system?

The only information I have and that is in the database for Orofino Correctional Institution is 155.460 MHz. That frequency was added to the DB on 2/1/2023, which is fairly recent. Have you tried monitoring that frequency? It is listed under State of Idaho, Idaho Corrections in the Database.

clough361

Premium Subscriber
The closest ICAWIN transmitter to Orofino is Lewiston Grade. That is pretty far away from Orofino. I am not sure due to mountains and terrain you could receive the Lewiston 700 MHZ. Have you tried to receive the 700 MHz system?

The only information I have and that is in the database for Orofino Correctional Institution is 155.460 MHz. That frequency was added to the DB on 2/1/2023, which is fairly recent. Have you tried monitoring that frequency? It is listed under State of Idaho, Idaho Corrections in the Database.
Has anyone been able to find out anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
DMR has to be enabled on your scanner to receive DMR transmissions. An additional key code has to be purchased from Uniden or Scannermaster and entered into your scanner to receive DMR or NXDN systems. A number of DMR systems are listed in the database under Trunked Systems. Mostly used by businesses. This is the first instance I know of for DMR to be used by the State.

Hopefully someone can monitor one of these sites and submit to the database.