Idaho State Police encypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter1968

hi all, even though i live in Spokane, WA, i can still pick up the ICAWIN......well i noticed today 4-18-2021 that the ISP in CDA has gone encrypted, they were working fine a week ago, thanks in advance

scooter1968

ok, was loading the ISP into my SDS-100 and it showed me ECRYPTED, so i knew that all of the law enforcement in that part of IDAHO had gone encrypted

Frank00213

On UHF Opposed To 700 There Is More Traffic. Most Of The Encryption Is On The 700 System It Seams The UHF Is Still The Same. They Use Both Systems The Main Channel (Primary) Is Simulcast.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Down south here in Dist 3 everything is encrypted except dispatch
Yes, the Admin channel is not only encrypted, but also no longer patched with the UHF frequency, its 100% digital now. Ive also seen what look like other encrypted ISP TG's (possibly car to car or tac?) pop up on my BCD996P2 every now and then. Their new massive obsession with encryption has me nervous about where the rest of the clear comms will go. Pre 2021 I always assumed ISP would have been the last agency to use encryption

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 105244
This all that I get now is ISP D6 encrypted.

Is that D6 Primary dispatch or is that their secondary admin channel, like where they run DL's, wants, etc.? D3 primary dispatch here is still clear but its the channel they run info on thats gone encrypted. Could possibly be theyre just securing the info being ran over the radio but planning on leaving main dispatch open. If its all 100% encrypted over there then i guess i better enjoy it while it lasts before it comes this way

Tg178

Premium Subscriber
Is that D6 Primary dispatch or is that their secondary admin channel, like where they run DL's, wants, etc.? D3 primary dispatch here is still clear but its the channel they run info on thats gone encrypted. Could possibly be theyre just securing the info being ran over the radio but planning on leaving main dispatch open. If its all 100% encrypted over there then i guess i better enjoy it while it lasts before it comes this way
It’s primary dispatch.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Dsitrict 6 originally used two uhf frequencies(460.2 and 460.3) for dispatch in the Idaho Falls are due to coverage problems with the main dispatch frequency 460.2. When they started patching uhf and 700 MHz, 460.2 was paired with TG 46600 and 460.3 was paired with TG 46601. Now that uhf is no longer being used all the traffic appears to be on TG 46601. 46600 may be in use as a BU dispatch TG. The coverage issues have been solved with two 700 MHz transmitters covering the Idaho Falls area and north.

However, two uhf frequencies(460.025 & 460.525) seem to still be in use by ISP for rural/mountain areas of District 6. Those would be the Monida Pass, areas south of Monida pass and the Swan Valley area not covered by the Relay Ridge 700 transmitter.

District 5 ISP seems to still be unencrypted.

merlin

Bannock county is not yet encrypted. Seems only one system on 774 Mhz shared with other services.
State police, county sheriff, county fire/EMS. Makes for a busy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.