• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IDAS pre-buy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

idigicom

After a few weeks, we had very good testing results w iCOM digital HTs (ICF4161D) at the local office.
Exceptional audio clarity in digital simplex mode compared to when we step back to the analogue world repeaters. So the boss said it's time to step up to IDAS Repeaters! Btw, the digital simplex range was incredible, Low-1 setting was crystal clear up to 1.7 miles outdoor!

Initially, we are looking for a single channel setup to cover 20 miles range of a local site, so do I order for IDAS Repeater kit?

1) IC-FR6000-01 RF Unit (Is there a desktop chassis available or rack mount only?)
2) IAS FR 6000 DUPLEXER KIT
3) ICT 22012-30N Power supply
3) **while I don't need trunking yet, does UC-FR5000 ID board allow remote access to the repeater setup via ethernet/IP connection?

Let me know if I'm missing anything.
I am fairly familiar with the 4161 programming software so I think I'm ready to take on the idas repeater :)

Please e-mail me if you have any setup suggestions... idasidig at yahoo com

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
You'll love it.

1) IC-FR6000-01 RF Unit (Is there a desktop chassis available or rack mount only?)

Normally rack mounted, but the same box sits quite nicely on a desktop, and accepts a mic directly.

Any duplexer will work, but the internal unit is slick and works well. If you ever add the 2nd RF module you will have to relocate the duplexer as it is installed in the 2nd RF module slot.

Unlike the FR3/4000 units, the FR5/6000 series has no internal PS. Any reliable 12VDC source w/ 20A+ will do. The ITC unit allows for battery backup.

3) **while I don't need trunking yet, does UC-FR5000 ID board allow remote access to the repeater setup via ethernet/IP connection?

OH YEA!! Icom has an entire suite of IP products. The new VE-PG2 IP multicast boxes work on the FR5/6000 also. The VE-PG2 can connect to any Icom repeater or mobile, digital or analog, conventional or trunking. Connected via the Internet you can add a remote location anywhere.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
After a few weeks, we had very good testing results w iCOM digital HTs (ICF4161D) at the local office.
Exceptional audio clarity in digital simplex mode compared to when we step back to the analogue world repeaters. So the boss said it's time to step up to IDAS Repeaters! Btw, the digital simplex range was incredible, Low-1 setting was crystal clear up to 1.7 miles outdoor!

Initially, we are looking for a single channel setup to cover 20 miles range of a local site, so do I order for IDAS Repeater kit?

Let me know if I'm missing anything.
I am fairly familiar with the 4161 programming software so I think I'm ready to take on the idas repeater :)

Please e-mail me if you have any setup suggestions... idasidig at yahoo com

Go here,

www.squadtechllc.com

Talk to craig,he's a dealer and can answer all your questions about IDAS

n9zas

kent11

Idas

Tried to e-mail you some info. Your yahoo account bounced. PM me with you e-mail.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Icom IDAS is the way to go. the IDAS technology for me has saved me ALOT of money because the digital has given me the extra range that when I used analog I would have needed a low watt repeater to get the range the digital gives me. I totally promote Icom IDAS and look forward to Icom coming out with even more IDAS products.

Status
Not open for further replies.