Idea for future/upgrade to 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiewmorris

I would like to see a bank type system for talkgroup ids. For multi-site systems have it where you can set a certain group of talkgroups, name it and then have it be where it can selected by each site of the multi-site system.

example: I monitor the Palmetto 800 system in South Carolina, I have 8 towers programmed in but have to put the same talkgroups for each system (site) which takes up a bunch of memory. So what I would like to see is to have one group of talkgroups ids (named Pal800) and have it where you can program each system and have it point to named database of Pal800 talkgroups.

If you have a single-site system still create a database of tgs, name it, and still have the system point to that database.

Maybe it is a little far fetched but I believe it would save some memory and alot of finger punching for those who program manually.

If you don't quite understand what I am talking about, just let me know and I can draw a diagram to better explain.

jamiewmorris

I don't see anything close to what I am talking about in the manual for the 996, I see that they have the multi-site operation for the GPS attachment but that is it (unless I am missing it, and someone can give me a page number in the manual).
I am talking about having a database of tgs like setup for multi-site systems and being able for each site in that system to be directed to that certain database.

Like this:

System: Palmetto 800
Database name: P800

Sites (Towers): X1, X5, X9, X15 (each tower has it own settings, control channel, etc)
but what I am talking about is instead of having to input the same tgs to each site(tower), being able to direct them back to the database of P800.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yep, that is what the 996 does.

The 396 is set up like:

Code:
System -- Frequencies
   |
  Channel Group        Channel Group       Channel Group
  Channel                  Channel                 Channel
Whereas the 996 is set up as

Code:
System ------ Site (with frequencies)
    |      |- Site (with frequencies)
    |      |- Site (with frequencies) ... (up to 256 sites)
    |
    |
  Channel Group        Channel Group       Channel Group

All Channel Groups in the system are associated with every site in the system. Each site can be individually enabled/disabled (using SQK's) or locked/unlocked (manually or using GPS).

Last edited:

jamiewmorris

Thanks, that is what I am talking about.
Don't have a 996 so didn't know that option was available, but would like to see that available in the 396.

Status
Not open for further replies.