Idea for scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjyoung

Any idea when we can expect a new Uniden model to come out? With prices for digital models in the $500.00 plus range, it is difficult to justify getting more radios. I was about to pick up a RH96 remote, but reconsidered after reading about some of its shortcomings. As a result I have been thinking about a wish list. One thing that comes to mind, is a Motorola convertable I used in the early 1980's. It would be great if I could take my handheld, drop it into a unit that makes it a mobile powering an amplified speaker with a remote head. Since I program my 396T via a pc, I have little need for a keyboard.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Any idea when we can expect a new Uniden model to come out? With prices for digital models in the $500.00 plus range, it is difficult to justify getting more radios. I was about to pick up a RH96 remote, but reconsidered after reading about some of its shortcomings. As a result I have been thinking about a wish list. One thing that comes to mind, is a Motorola convertable I used in the early 1980's. It would be great if I could take my handheld, drop it into a unit that makes it a mobile powering an amplified speaker with a remote head. Since I program my 396T via a pc, I have little need for a keyboard.

Considering the XT line came out just last year it might be awhile. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

rjyoung

Dedicated power, does turn power to scanner on or off, does not provide to amplified speaker. These might not be exactly short comings, but I decided it was not what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.