• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ideas for Toyota Tacoma Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbscott

I have an 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Extra Cab and I wanted to know if any one had installed an antenna. I was hoping not to drill holes anywhere on the vehicle but if I have to I will. Plus any ideas of figuring out how to get threw the fire wall or some other way to get it into the car. Thanks

Scott

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Well, I guess you can use a magmount and run the cable thru the roof side of the door opening. I assume that X-Cab Tacomas don't have a door for the 2nd row of seats, if that's not the case, you can run it thru one of those doors, or, mount it on one of those doors.

Most contractor vehicles down here have a steel thing behind the window, you can see it here http://www.flickr.com/photos/43033468@N00/2460740514/ , if you have something like that you can mount the antenna there and route the cable the way I told you.

Another option is (sacrificing your AM/FM radio), you remove the antenna and see if you can route the cable thru there, I know they did that in some police cars here, they ran the cables for the lightbar/speaker thru there, but they completely removed the AM/FM antenna.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
bbscott said:
I have an 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Extra Cab and I wanted to know if any one had installed an antenna. I was hoping not to drill holes anywhere on the vehicle but if I have to I will. Plus any ideas of figuring out how to get threw the fire wall or some other way to get it into the car. Thanks

Scott

I had an '02 X-Cab and here's what I suggest:
  • for no-hole antenna installs, get a Maxrad (or similar) right-angle antenna base bracket. http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=360&subgroupId=75. You can attach this to the fender right where it meets the hood. RG-58 coax will pass between the hood and fender here closer to the vent near the windshield.
  • On the passenger side of the firewall, there is a fairly large, soft rubber grommet you can slit to pass the coax through and into the cabin.

wutang_0110

I split the lead of my am/fm antenna and ran it to my bct-15 looks great and no one knows what i got in the truck! also the receive quality is not fantastic but it gets the job done. I listen to mostly uhf-vhf anyways 140-170 440-470mhZ but it does have some "ears" on aircraft AM

Status
Not open for further replies.