Identification of signal in Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

lineman230

I have found a signal at approx 853.790 which appears to digital signal but DSD+ will not recognize it. Does anyone recognize this type of signal??

1642264039972.png

browdr1

Saskie
Premium Subscriber
I have found a signal at approx 853.790 which appears to digital signal but DSD+ will not recognize it. Does anyone recognize this type of signal??

View attachment 115058

I just checked it out too. Sounds like the control channel. From what I know as a user of that system. When we changed over to the new system I had heard the old system will stay up and active for a backup service. So anytime there is a failure on the new system, instead of going into a failsoft it reverts back to the analog system. But its been a few years since and I could be wrong too. However it sounds like a control channel. And is indicated as such on the old numbers.

lineman230

It appears to be a control channel as suggested, and DSD+ has identified that the service is using dPMR protocol. I have not seen any traffic, so it maybe a back-up as commented for the P25 system presently in use. I am going to monitor the frequency for traffic and will report my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.