Identify frequency 169.625 NAC: 183

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic here in Hayesville NC (Clay County) on this frequency: 169.625 NAC: 183
Recieving strong on my handheld with stock antenna. Got to be close.
Can someone identify this frequency? Speculation?
Sorry have not heard them reference a location; just some fast talking 10 codes. Often a mic is briefly keyed with no audio.

u2brent

OAMPT

ecps92

Likely more listening and note taking needed by the OP

But from my historical archives for that region we have/had
KY 123.0 TVA never confirmed which site.
NC $4C5 NPS - GSMNP Look Rock Repeater
NC/GA or TN $200 TVA or AcoE talk of Hiwasee River
TN $418 TVA Pickwick Reservoir

That's my first guess, but I don't know if they are active in his area

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
TVA has four developments in this area: Chatuge, Nottely, Hiwassee, Apalachia, all hydro, known collectively as the upper Hiwassee Projects.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Just caught another frequency:
169.7125 NAC:298
Did not see it listed under TVA. I saw a post in the forum from 2014 that mentioned this frequency.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Did not see it listed under TVA. I saw a post in the forum from 2014 that mentioned this frequency.
The traffic on 169.7125 and 169.625 appear to be the same. Caught a reference to Knoxville.
I have started a thread in the GA forum to see if I can generate some interest.

ecps92

And if I recall, someone mentioned in one of the threads they thought this to "NOT" be TVA , but then...

spacellamaman

i am hearing it over here in monroe county tn 169.625

well since you brought it back up and are being helpful to us Easterners already ...:)

hey while youre messing around out there try 172.3, turn the squelch all the way down and see if you can hear a control channel.

looking for 172.3000, Sys ID: 0A7Fh-001, $A70, tho any reception of 172.3 as a control channel would be useful.

for background see:

trumpetman

Database Admin
It's McEntire JNGB

well since you brought it back up and are being helpful to us Easterners already ...:)

looking for 172.3000, Sys ID: 0A7Fh-001, $A70, tho any reception of 172.3 as a control channel would be useful.

for background see:

trumpetman

Database Admin

spacellamaman

It's McEntire JNGB

well no kidding, that certainly fits the little i had been able to determine so far (origin to the south/southwest, tends to be receivable most when Shaw/central SC mil bases are also receivable from selected high elevations etc).

hmmmm, on Sep 14, 2020:
I'm betting you found the final piece of the puzzle for this thread.

The ducting conditions I've noticed and what has been reported line up with originating from McEntire. Good find!
hmmmmm....Sep 14, 2020.....

now i don't want anyone to think that i harbor any ill will, harsh thoughts, or voodoo dolls waiting for some big ole needles to get stuck in. no sir-eee.

i take supreme satisfaction in knowing that all the blood sweat and tears i shed over the past thirty days (since this little nugget was apparently solved) the mountains climbed (well very steep hills, without adjacent parking lots no less) the TV/yagi antenna's built (ok, finally unboxed and assembled, but blowing the dust off them was certainly a respiratory hazard) in pursuit of this, unbeknownst to me, solved, mystery, were all character building experiences.

lots and lots of character....

i would hate to have missed out on all that being spoiled by someone passing the info on along:)

but in all seriousness though thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.