Identify this connector (SMB perhaps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdnottingham

This is a rather mundane question I admit, and I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject.

I am in need of assistance with identifying a connector on a coax adapter. I have attached a few photos of the adapter in question (Forgive the poor quality, my camera sucks and this was the best I could get). One end has a standard 75ohm female F connector, and the other end the mystery connector (It's an external antenna adapter for a portable digital TV). I THINK that it might be some sort of SMB connector...HOWEVER, I cannot be 100% certain, since Google searches have turned up nothing that looks exactly like this. Additionally, the manual for this particular TV is useless for identifying the connector, since it mentions nothing of the external antenna jack beyond merely labeling it on a diagram.

I ask because I work for a store that sells these portable DTVs, but the antenna adapters aren't included with them, so I'd like to have the adapters in stock (The adapter I have now is used with our in-store display model). The only source I know of to purchase these adapters charges a ridiculous $15 each for these, and I wish to find a less expensive source...but of course I need to know the proper terminology so I can find the correct adapter.

Thank you for any assistance.

Attachments

• P2100014.JPG
    P2100014.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 430
  • P2100015.JPG
    P2100015.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 446
  • P2100008.JPG
    P2100008.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 414

mmckenna