Identifying Trunked Systems w/Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

When using a Pro 106 in the search or signal stalker setting, the screen will display the frequency and usually a PL/DPL/NAC code for conventional systems. My question is how does one identify what type radio system (MOT, LTR, P25) is used if a frequency in a trunked system is displayed? Obviously EDACS and MPT-1327 can be identified by the "disconnect tones" heard at the end of a conversation.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
ID trunked system

When using a Pro 106 in the search or signal stalker setting, the screen will display the frequency and usually a PL/DPL/NAC code for conventional systems. My question is how does one identify what type radio system (MOT, LTR, P25) is used if a frequency in a trunked system is displayed? Obviously EDACS and MPT-1327 can be identified by the "disconnect tones" heard at the end of a conversation.
When you hear talking on the system hit f2 then the top line will say "MO" or "ED" or "P25" etc. etc.

transitman

Hi 737mech:

Thanks for the response, however it's not working. For example, I propgrammed a Limits Search with 851 as low and 860 as high. When a active frequency is found the following information is displayed:

1st line - "Srch Limit on left corner and capital "ZD" on right corner.
2nd line - "FM" and active frequency on right corner.
3rd line - 851.00 on left corner and 860 on right corner.
4th line - "FrL/O" above F1 key, "Mode" above F2 key and "Stor" above F3 key.

Pressing the F2 key during the transmission only changes the display on the 2nd line to FM, AM and au.

Am I doing something wrong or did I miss a step somewhere?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
trunk id

Oh I thgought you had them programmed,, ok not sure if scanner will do what you want but there's a program called unitrunker that will help find that info.

SCPD

QRT
After you've found a control channel in a limit search, press Tune and enter the frequency. If the signal is a format the radio recognizes, it will display trunking type, system ID, site number and so on.

Running Unitrunker will give lots more detail.

Last edited:

transitman

Unitrunker:

Your instructions worked, however I'm assuming that procedure only works with control channels and not with random frequencies found during a search?

transitman

Resolution

With the instructions provided in the Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual, I was able to identify what type of trunked system (where applicable) is used for frequencies found during searches. During a search when an active frequency is found, press FUNC then TUNE which automatically enters the frequency in a separate window that displays the system type in addition to other information. Be sure to adjust the squelch setting so the data appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.