Idiot who called in a hostage sit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Does anyone know did they find this loser??

Someone rang 911 to tell them of a hostage situation and when they got there,NOTHING!!

They said they were gonna try and find out who phoned 911..... Well if it was done FROM A PAYPHONE,it might be hard.....

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
These days cameras are everywhere! I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they're hidden in public phones, or at least nearby.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
This is just ridiculous. I'm pretty sure there was an incident like this in Hamden a few months back. This puts so many people in harms way that it's not funy from the responders, to the people who's home it is to people on the road. I hope they catch them and lock them up for awhile. Sad all the way around

KB7MIB

There was a recent swattting incident here in the Phoenix area. The caller claimed to be a 10 year old who had just killed his parents with a gun. Innocent citizens ended up proned out in their own home at gunpoint.
Several commentors on the FB article one of the news media stations posted, said they'd be legally justified to shoot the SWAT officers as they attempted to enter their home without a warrant, regardless of the fact that the officers were responding to an incident of this nature. Smh...

Cskib32087

Excatly why ALL public safety communications should be P25 and encrypted and all phones should have tracking, weather it be in a house or portable

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
quote"Excatly why ALL public safety communications should be P25 and encrypted and all phones should have tracking, weather it be in a house or portable.

And tell me how that would actually stop this swatting? I doubt the caller is listening on a scanner or cell phone, it's a matter of inconviencing someone or actually hoping someone gets hurt.(they may actually be watching is the crowd) Don't blame all scanner listeners as having possible nefarious thoughts.
Thanks again Mr.1984.

Excatly why ALL public safety communications should be P25 and encrypted and all phones should have tracking, weather it be in a house or portable

Ok,dont cell phones connect to towers?..that would be triangulation.
Home phones will have the number logged,reverse lookup by dispatch.

p25 Encrypted..how will that help?

You sound like a perfect candidate for a city council..A moto rep will LOVE you and your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.