IDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Special Request Re: IDOC TRSs

As it has been a while since we had recent data on the IDOC TRS systems, I would love more info. Anyone living close to the IDOC TRS sites, please do some research monitoring especially using UniTrunker or T-88 on them. Reverify the Freqs in use, CC, ACC, SysID, Site Numbers, analog/digital use, I-Calls (IDOC uses them pretty heavily), encryption use (I noted a tad in use last time I monitored IDOC), etc....

Please submit updates so I and other admins can get this system updated. TY!

amm5172

Branchville

Branchville has implemented the P25 P1 system from Henryville. They are operating on their assigned frequencies Branchville Site Details (Indiana Department of Corrections) but are using the tgid and site settings from Henryville

Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
21286 5326 D BTC-CONTROL Branchville Correctional Facility Operations

There are 3 Ops Channels: Ops2, Ops3, Ops4 and a Ground Unit Channel (GU), but I don't know the tgid' for those yet.

Henryville is closed and can be removed from the Safe-T P25 system

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Branchville has implemented the P25 P1 system from Henryville. They are operating on their assigned frequencies Branchville Site Details (Indiana Department of Corrections) but are using the tgid and site settings from Henryville

Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
21286 5326 D BTC-CONTROL Branchville Correctional Facility Operations

There are 3 Ops Channels: Ops2, Ops3, Ops4 and a Ground Unit Channel (GU), but I don't know the tgid' for those yet.

Henryville is closed and can be removed from the Safe-T P25 system

Okay to clarify:
IDOC Branchville has converted over to SAFE-T? We need the new site number, CC, ACC, neighbors, etc... Somehow the way your explaining it is off. Like maybe you are picking up an SAFE-T site off one of the Branchville freqs. There is no way you can use one site for another. Each is unique. Some closer monitoring is needed. Please run Unitrunker or the like.

amm5172

I was receiving the control channel on close call while I was there but no traffic. I ran a trunk discovery for 2 hours from my BCD436hp while I was inside but when I got out it had zero hits. I got my laptop out and ran dsd on it to identify what type of signal I was receiving on their 3 frequencies. It showed P25P1. I managed to record about 2 minutes of the control channel but then my battery died (not sure yet if the recording is intact) so I manually punched in a new p25 system using their 3 assigned frequencies and did an Id search for about 20 minutes. Only one talk group ID showed up and it was the same one that is listed for Henryville on the SafeT database.

About 2 months ago they switched out all of handhelds on site to the Motorola APX4000R's. I assume they came from Henryville when they closed since both facilities has the same administration and Branchville absorbed most of their resources and staff when they closed it down. Henryville was on the SafeT system but Branchville is not. There is no traffic for Branchville from the Leopold tower only on their 3 licensed frequencies. I'm guessing here but believe they are still using a repeater located on the prisons water tower and that while it is p25 it is a closed system used exclusively by the facility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amm5172

I don't live near there I'm a couple of hours away but I am there a few hours every week. I will try to get more info next week. I will be there for 2 days next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
This looks like they are indeed converting the IDOC system over to SAFE-T sites... That would explain issues with IJCF site... I am off Saturday and will take a trip over by the Indy Int. Airport area and see if I can get pings on IDOC Plainfield and the IJCF SAFE-T site. That area is well within good coverage for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.