IDOT Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Wow, thanks for the info guys. I just can't believe that public works channels would be encrypted. I guess it's not that surprising, it's Cook County Government after all.

The entire Cook County node is encrypted from top to bottom, including law enforcement and any other users, including County DOT.

cubn

Database Admin
I just can't believe that public works channels would be encrypted.
Elsewhere in Illinois, I read on Radioreference the reason the Bloomington Public Works is encrypted was due to their foul language on the radio. So instead of instructing employees of proper radio etiquette they went encrypted while the PD and FD is in the clear!

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Elsewhere in Illinois, I read on Radioreference the reason the Bloomington Public Works is encrypted was due to their foul language on the radio. So instead of instructing employees of proper radio etiquette they went encrypted while the PD and FD is in the clear!

Wow, I wonder if the Operating Engineers Local 150 had anything to do with that. They are a pretty powerful union for the public works folks. I just can't fathom how senior management in any government agency would would vote to encrypt public works channels.

I have a clue. I hear workers at night sometimes talk "shop" in regards to personal stuff, days off, personal gripes & grievances over seniority and pay rates, management, ITHA vs IDOT, water cooler talk. No foul mouths, but some stuff that should not be said over the talkgroup ie, "continuous personal gossip" and it doesn't relate to work matters. They shouldn't. Plus these workers are out alone as sitting ducks without any form of "protection" at night. We know Chicago.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I have been told the way Dist 1 radio are set up living a 100 miles south west of Chicago I will be unable to pick them up.

Maybe someone here can confirm if Kendall or Grundy receive District 1 IDOT traffic which would be within your range. All you need is a close enough site that receives that District.

tommypickles

You should be able to receive them off site 113.
Site 113 has a location in Kendall on the far west side of Joliet.
Also locations for site 113 are in Grundy at Morris, Minooka, Gardner, and south of Morris as well as a 113 location in Seneca.
Hope this helps, Also thanks for the LCN info for Kankakee, I will check them to see if them work

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Get those IDOT and Tollway talk groups fired up...first "weather advisory" of the year (earliest I remember in a long time too!)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yup, down here in the "boonies" Grundy and Kankakee countys will be out and about, great listening....

Status
Not open for further replies.