IDPSC Sys 2 Unid'ed TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, logging the system on Pro96Com.. Found a new TG...

RID's associated with it thus far...

Will try to catch voice comms tomorrow on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Cool, cause on System 2 for me, audio is way to choppy, simulcast nightmare, while System 1 is not bad at all. I was able to make out a little bit this am.. Something about unit en route to west something mall?

I am willing to bet there are more than just the 1 TG in this grouping.... There is probably a whole range from 20651 thru at least 20656? Most groups ranges have at least 5 TG's.

Last edited by a moderator:

W9NES

MILF, I have the same issues with MECA sys 2, Sometimes I get a control channel 852.1125 and sometimes I do not. MECA sys 2 is not as strong as far as the control channel vs the control channel of IDPSC(aka meca)858.1875. I would hope that with MECA sys 2 that with all the work they have done on IDPSC that they would improve countywide communicaitons for DPW, DOT, and IPL and other users of the system . The last time I had a power issue I called IPL and they sent out a service lineman to take care of my problem. The lineman and I started talking about other issues and he noticed that I was a ham radio operator. He said that IPL had has problems when they are using the system either from his truck or from his handheld radio that he showed me.He said that the service dispatcher sometimes sounds garbled on his truck and his portable. IPL has had problems hearing the service guys who are out on the power lines. It would be nice if another repeater or repeaters could be added to MECA sys 2 so everyone on the system could be able to hear each other with no issues. The IPL man said that there are dead spots in the city/county where they have to call in by cell phone to let service know where they are when they cannot be heard on the radio. I do thank IPL for helping keeping the power and the lights on in my area of northwest Indianapolis.In order to do this IPL needs to be able to HEAR their linemen in the field.This would not be good if a linemen was working on a high power voltage line and made a wrong connection.This would be bad for the lineman and IPL and its customers.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Adding to the list:
Indygo -
Possibly IWW/Citizens -
Unknown, maybe IPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.