if a digital frequency is scratchy sounding.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

listening to it in analog fm mode, could that be why every p25 or nexedge frequency is 100% garbled when listening to it with dsdplus? thanks i covered the antenna cable the nooelecs sdr came with aluminum foil and stretched the antenna as far as i could from the laptop and its still like that . its a very strong signal, only 2 miles away

slicerwizard

Lose the foil. Sounds like you have some setting wrong. RF gain too high? Audio gain too high? Bandwidth too wide or narrow? Show us something. We're not clairvoyant.

boatbod

listening to it in analog fm mode, could that be why every p25 or nexedge frequency is 100% garbled when listening to it with dsdplus? thanks i covered the antenna cable the nooelecs sdr came with aluminum foil and stretched the antenna as far as i could from the laptop and its still like that . its a very strong signal, only 2 miles away

One of the problems with P25 is that it can be affected by multipath distortion if it's a simulcast system. Having a strong signal is not necessarily a good thing if you can hear two transmitters at once.

Now I'm not saying that's what you've got going on here, but it is a possibility. Try reducing the gain on the SDR dongle and see if that improves the decode quality. Does the control channel decode cleanly?

bailly2

not a simulcast system. i have tried turning the gain and the sdrsharp and the soundcard levels up and down and i have not gotten one second that isn't garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.