If any one is out there I NEED SOME HELP !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleepage1

Just got my first scanner ''''''' Uniden Bearcat 2500xlt
Can't figure out how to work it. I have a bunch of codes or frequencies that I got online for my area Which is New Orleans LA. But I'm getting NOTHING ... I can only get 1 station and that's the damn Weather. If anyone knows where I can find out how to use this or would be so kind as to call me and help me out. It would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Not sure what frequencies you have, or what you expect to hear, but it appears that most agencies around you are on a system that your scanner is too old to receive, let alone decode.

R1VINCE

Just got my first scanner ''''''' Uniden Bearcat 2500xlt
Can't figure out how to work it. I have a bunch of codes or frequencies that I got online for my area Which is New Orleans LA. But I'm getting NOTHING ... I can only get 1 station and that's the damn Weather. If anyone knows where I can find out how to use this or would be so kind as to call me and help me out. It would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!!

harleepage1,

We dont know what it is you want to listen to. Assuming it is Law Enforcement or Fire within the area of New Orleans, the BC2500XLT will not suffice. It is rather old and certainly outdated.

The majority of those systems are on a P25 Trunking system that that radio can not handle.

Click this link to see whats in New Orleans Orleans Parish, Louisiana (LA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You will need to purchase a radio with those capabilities
Not being from New Orleans, I can tell you some things your radio can do.

It can receive civilian and military air traffic. Maybe not the best radio to do this, but it can do it.
It can also receive SATCOM satellite transmissions.
As you have already figured out, it can receive local weather frequencies.
Basically, it will receive any single frequency that isn't a digital and/or encrypted frequency. You might find some mall security or event security or maybe even some maintenance facilities or production lines.
Not totally worthless, but definitely outdated.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
harleepage1, SNIP !
Not being from New Orleans, I can tell you some things your radio can do.

It can receive civilian and military air traffic. Maybe not the best radio to do this, but it can do it.
It can also receive SATCOM satellite transmissions.
As you have already figured out, it can receive local weather frequencies.
Basically, it will receive any single frequency that isn't a digital and/or encrypted frequency. You might find some mall security or event security or maybe even some maintenance facilities or production lines.
Not totally worthless, but definitely outdated.

You left out Railroad and some Marine & Coast Guard communications. I seem to remember water (other than the terrible lake) is near N O! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.