If Sioux Falls P25 main site is online, what are the frequencies?

bbtkd

Feed Provider
The map for the new statewide P25 digital system shows the prime Sioux Falls tower site as online, yet the tower isn't shown in the database. Does that mean no frequencies are assigned by the FCC, the frequencies haven't been discovered yet, or it won't show up until the cutover? Thanks!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The database relies on user submissions to stay up to date. If a site is online but doesn't show up in the DB then either the info hasn't been IDed & submitted yet or if it was submitted then a DB admin will need to append the info. If you have the site mapped out then by all means submit the update with pertinent info

Last edited:

bbtkd

Feed Provider
No idea how to map out a site, never done that. Wasn't sure whether it's found from FCC records, searching, or a combination of those.

Years ago I found a way to look at recent FCC license changes for SD. I'm sure I bookmarked that..

Thanks!

Last edited:

ecps92

No idea how to map out a site, never done that. Wasn't sure whether it's found from FCC records, searching, or a combination of those.

Years ago I found a way to look at recent FCC license changes for SD. I'm sure I bookmarked that..

Thanks!
Just because they are licensed, doesn't mean actually in use yet or ever.

Best way is to SEARCH and see what pops up in SEARCH mode of your Scanner

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
No idea how to map out a site, never done that.
Check WPWF333 for Sioux Falls. Check each class FB or FB2 frequency for a control channel. If you're familiar with how to use an SDR and DSDPlus, plug in the control channel and DSDPlus should figure out the rest of the system for you: CH IDs, secondary control channels (SCCs), voice channels, etc

Last edited:

Rlahey

Premium Subscriber
The map for the new statewide P25 digital system shows the prime Sioux Falls tower site as online, yet the tower isn't shown in the database. Does that mean no frequencies are assigned by the FCC, the frequencies haven't been discovered yet, or it won't show up until the cutover? Thanks!
Check out the above link for the cutover dates. Once the cut over is complete, I'm sure someone will submit a ticket to add it. But we are months away from the cutover date.. most sites have been progressing on schedule, some not due to fiber issues or other. There is also talk of new simulcast sites for the Sioux Falls area that will be added, all depends on the funding.