If you are using 1080 firmware on your 668, post your results here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Same here. With the new firmware it required me to completely change things. Its now at 44 here at home. I only have the statewide here to deal with and it just wasn't decoding on a couple of strong sites I used to get before the firmware update.

The firmware just makes it so much better it doesn't need that amount of correction anymore I guess.

I'll have to see how it does when I go down to Roanoke in about 10 days. That was my problem before. What worked up here didn't down there and I have units in both home and vehicle.

telxonmaster

I bought a 668 from a fellow ham who updated the FW to 3.8. It seemed to work good, but the search modes (sweeper, limit, service) never would stop on anything, even with a 5 watt HT across the room(also toggled attenuator, etc). I updated to 4.6 after seeing it was now supported, and search now works too! I'm hearing P25 p1, DMR, and an analog trunked system fairly well, no more using the TYT in promiscuous mode! Very happy with this scanner and FW upgrade!

CycleSycho

I bought a 668 from a fellow ham who updated the FW to 3.8. It seemed to work good, but the search modes (sweeper, limit, service) never would stop on anything, even with a 5 watt HT across the room(also toggled attenuator, etc). I updated to 4.6 after seeing it was now supported, and search now works too! I'm hearing P25 p1, DMR, and an analog trunked system fairly well, no more using the TYT in promiscuous mode! Very happy with this scanner and FW upgrade!

:wink: You MIGHT be interested in this ( http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...ades-start-tomorrow-june-1st.html#post2772126 ), turning your PRO668 into a SUPPORTED WS1080. Only 60 bucks and shipping gets you future support/updates to a W1080. You MIGHT be interested? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.