Administrator
db_admin.gif

Database Admin
dollar_contrib.gif

Premium Subscriber Join Date: Dec 2000

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacombMonitor
I guess we all need to be reminded the real reason John is being spanked...

This will be the last post on this topic.

ScannerMaster has nothing to do with it. It is my decision to keep the spirit of this forum intact... read and re-read the forum rules at the top. They indicate we do not want folks actively promoting a commerical business.

If you feel the need to get into a pissing contest with me over the policies of this site MacombMonitor, go for it. You will not win.

Lindsay

Lindsay C. Blanton III
Webmaster - www.radioreference.com

SEE ORIGINAL POSTS:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43576

First of all, why challenge someone to a "pissing contest", then close the thread, removing their ability to respond? I guess that is why no one will ever win! :p

That being said, I don't think there was anything in my original post to warrant the wrath of Lindsay, but you're the boss, so what you say goes! I won't retract, or apologize for my comments, and I still stand by them, and everything I said was true. Yes, you have rules, but lately you seem to apply them selectively, depending on your personal feelings, rather than policy.

Yes Lindsay, it's your board, and what you say goes. But don't loose sight of the fact that we are all your customers, and many of us are paying for your service. Without your user community you would have no Radio Reference.

Don't forget your Rule #10!

10. Last, but certainly not least, take a deep breath before you post a message. Could someone misconstrue your message as an attack on their character? Could someone misinterpret what you said as an insult? Many subtle items can be lost in written communications, so be sensitive to the fact that some people may view your message differently than what your intention was.

Oh, and don't threaten to delete my membership over this. If you really think it's that serious, just do it. Life will go on! :)

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I believe Lindsay needs to change MacombMonitor's moniker to "Senior Arrogant Member."

Folks, remember it's only post count that deems you a Senior. So some people can me too all they want and carry on useless convos in the Tavern to bump it up. His posts only represent himself.

Macomb... Lindsay was not inviting you to work the arguement in that thread. It's incrediby absurd that you thought that when it would have been against the rules, and Lindsay's no hypocrite. Look at what Kingpin said. That's what started it all. It was not what John was promoting or his credibility but the number of posts and frequency he was using to do it.

-Wayne

MacombMonitor

wayne_h said:
I believe Lindsay needs to change MacombMonitor's moniker to "Senior Arrogant Member."

Folks, remember it's only post count that deems you a Senior. So some people can me too all they want and carry on useless convos in the Tavern to bump it up. His posts only represent himself.

Macomb... Lindsay was not inviting you to work the arguement in that thread. It's incrediby absurd that you thought that when it would have been against the rules, and Lindsay's no hypocrite. Look at what Kingpin said. That's what started it all. It was not what John was promoting or his credibility but the number of posts and frequency he was using to do it.

-Wayne

Wayne I don't have any problems with you. Lets not resort to name calling, please.

I didn't say anything in my original post to warrant such an attack from Lindsay! He could have handled it with a little more professionalism. I wasn't starting a "pissing contest" as Lindsay suggested. I made some truthful, and kind comments regarding John's activities in the Classifieds, and suggested the problem might come from a conflict of interest considering ScannerMaster is a paying sponsor of Radio Reference. That's all I said.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
MacombMonitor,

If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. No one attacked you unprofessionally, they just pointed out the obvious.... coming into a thread clear out of nowhere, to proclaim your support of a certain person who's actions have come under question is one thing... "reminding us" (translation: criticizing) a policy or approach that the Web site takes is a complete other. You knew what you were doing, and if you didn't intend it that way, then "Rule #10" might have been in order. If it isn't obvious enough, you've carried forth this issue as yet another pissing contest.

No one threatened to delete your membership, and I value every paying subscriber of the site. But, and I'll say this only once, not a single person who is a paid subscribing user is ranked any higher, gets more features, or has additional access in the forums. So, other than having a pretty icon next to your name, that is all that differentiates you from the guy that doesn't have a premium subscription. To assume that I should treat you or any other person differently here on the forums because you are a subscribing user is ludicrous.

Frankly, managing these forums takes up more of my time than anything else on the site, because people feel the constant need to criticize and tell us how we should be running things. I love constructive critical comments to me via private email, however this kind of stuff drives me nuts. I fully accept that responsibility, however it is tiring and frustrating to manage a medium where there are so many people, such as yourself, that feel like they must have the last word.

MacombMonitor, you are that person, and you have the last word. Go for it.

MacombMonitor

blantonl said:
MacombMonitor,

If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

Frankly, managing these forums takes up more of my time than anything else on the site, because people feel the constant need to criticize and tell us how we should be running things. I love constructive critical comments to me via private email, however this kind of stuff drives me nuts. I fully accept that responsibility, however it is tiring and frustrating to manage a medium where there are so many people, such as yourself, that feel like they must have the last word.

MacombMonitor, you are that person, and you have the last word. Go for it.

OK, I'll get out of the kitchen then. I wasn't aware I was causing so many problems on RR, and I don't feel all that welcome at this point. So please delete my account, and any associated information, and if possible, all my previous post as well. I'll leave quietly. No hard feelings. :)

Bill

Radio1114

Bill I for one don,t want to see you leave.You have dedicated lots of good info to the site.What do say we all forget about the last conversation and start off fresh.I am sure Lindsay doesn,t want al the dicussions that has been going on as well.He is busy enough.Lets shake hands and start all over.Just my 2 cents

Jeffn8wb

Perhaps take a week or two to think things over? If you still feel that you would like to delete the account, then send the email. I know, it's none of my business. But doing something like this during the heat of the moment may lead to something everyone regrets at a later time.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are a lot of hot heads here, some run the place, some are mods, some are just nuts. Seeing as how there is nowhere wlse worth going, I guess we'll end up staying here and dealing with the nonsence.

One advantage of other hobbies, is that there are so many forums of equal strength, so there are places for everyone.

richster

Oh you bunch of winey little cry-babies!

Waaaa, my thread got locked.
Waaaa, one of the moderators is picking on me.
Waaaa. I don't like how this site is being run.
Waaaa, I lost my soother.

Man!, between Lindsay's new baby and the cry-babies on this site, I'm just wondering if Lindsay has any hair left. I wouldn't be suprised if Lindsay desides; "To hell with you sucks." and shut the site down.

Regards,
Richster.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Lets all not forget the purpose of RadioReference.com is not the forums but the database. We should be lucky we have the forums. When you get a forum with this big of a userbase (5,000+) these things are going to happen, and you're going to have personalities of all ranges from new user to moderator. A forum didn't start this site, a database did.

I'd really like to see a site similar in nature to this one with as many or more users that is managed better and with less complaints or arguements from its members. (The Batboard is NOT one; loss of the lounge a prime example why)

-Wayne

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43301&page=2

No kidding! There are a lot of people on Radio Reference getting their panties in a bunch lately!

:lol: :roll: :twisted:

I just read all this brouhaha, you shouldn't request all your post's to be deleted. :roll:

IMO, when you say something that is in direct conflict with the services you use, you lose!

When you play poker and start to complain that one guy has more money to throw into the pot, it becomes absurd. So what, play the game, finish the game and try to win!

I'll shall finish the game.....William H. Bony laugh

Last edited:

K9GTJ

wayne_h said:
Lets all not forget the purpose of RadioReference.com is not the forums but the database. We should be lucky we have the forums. When you get a forum with this big of a userbase (5,000+) these things are going to happen, and you're going to have personalities of all ranges from new user to moderator.

Having been a mod on several large forums (10,000+ members), I know it can be a challenge. I cherry picked about 50 great members/internet friends that I had made over the years and made private forum. While I wasn't expecting utopia, I didn't realize they would be just as much a problem as the larger forums. In the end, I decided to close my site and to just be a regular user. It keeps life simpler that way. ;)

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
wayne_h said:
Lets all not forget the purpose of RadioReference.com is not the forums but the database. We should be lucky we have the forums. When you get a forum with this big of a userbase (5,000+) these things are going to happen, and you're going to have personalities of all ranges from new user to moderator. A forum didn't start this site, a database did.

I'd really like to see a site similar in nature to this one with as many or more users that is managed better and with less complaints or arguements from its members. (The Batboard is NOT one; loss of the lounge a prime example why)

-Wayne

While I can agree that the database is imporatant, the forums are just as important for people to get quick info and help as the database!
Take care

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Congrats to Lindsay for trying to tame the tavern.
Arguements between members on here flare up from time to time, usually over bullsh#t political views(who gives a damm about your views onblah, blah yadda yadda da!) and over posts by many members on here about so-called stupid laws and government waste.
Instead of arguing over this crap vote or something (novel concept isnt it, democracy in action).
Thanks again.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.