If you got a new scanner for Christmas...

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I would have to change this to: If you got a new scanner for the holiday's what would it be. 1-A Uniden sds100. 2-A Whistler ws-1040. Yes/no.
I'd go with an SDS-200..but I only got myself a couple new cheapo antennas to toy around with instead. Christmas is extra expensive and my car is ancient and probably needs $2000 in work after the holidays so no fun for me.Oh well

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
1) SDS200
2) YES
3) NO

I see in your tag you have the 800XLT. That was my first scanner when I was in high school.

Yes, it's still a good scanner for analog stuff. I find however that I use my even older RCA 16S400 the most. When it comes to my SDS100 I've been toying with the idea of dedicating it to P25 State Patrol monitoring on Broadcastify.

jaymatt1978

1)SDS200
2)No it was a gift from two great friends
3)yes they wrapped it
I haven't bought a new radio in over twnty years and when Cape May finally went to the NJICS system a few months ago my folks said well maybe ssome day. That day was today!!! This was only the third scanner they got me every other scanner I have bought on my own and it's absolutely AMAZINB!!!!

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
haven't bought a new radio in over twnty years and when Cape May finally went to the NJICS system a few months ago my folks said well maybe ssome day. That day was today!!!
Congratulations! You will be very happy with the scanner and the ability to monitor the NJICS. I would suggest adding the DMR option so you can also monitor North Wildwood PD. Their signal strength is excellent in Cape May, better than the Wildwood PD VHF transmissions.

scannersnstuff

I know it doesn't count but, I went to Harbor Freight and bought their AA batteries for my bcd436hp. Great price for 4 pretty decent rechargeables. $7.99. That's only $2 a battery. I was pretty happy.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations! You will be very happy with the scanner and the ability to monitor the NJICS. I would suggest adding the DMR option so you can also monitor North Wildwood PD. Their signal strength is excellent in Cape May, better than the Wildwood PD VHF transmissions.

His radio has both DMR and NXDN already installed. North Wildwood is loaded for DMR usage and County Free Transportation is loaded for NXDN.

jaymatt1978

Thank you and yes I am

RAL686

Yes, it's still a good scanner for analog stuff. I find however that I use my even older RCA 16S400 the most. When it comes to my SDS100 I've been toying with the idea of dedicating it to P25 State Patrol monitoring on Broadcastify.
Is the rebroadcast on Broadcastify on a 30 min delay in your area? Ours here in Deschutes County Oregon is. and they (Deschutes County 911 dispatch center) have the means to shut down the feed whenever a good event happens... All our LE are encrypted...