If You listen to SNACC you should check this

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
jts203.com has awesome intel on freqs. Recently we have seen changes with the snacc and I tried this.

I loaded the cc's only and selected cc only scan mode with both my bct15 and my psr500.

Here they are

Thank you very much jts203.com !!!!!

Last edited:

TOUGHLIFE

The current edition of the local Scanner Book shows 30 sites for the SNACC system and the frequencies for each site. It should be noted that not all 30 sites are turned on. One caution about using just control channels when programming your scanners is if the control channel changes and you don't have the frequency in your radio that replaces the control channel you will suddenly miss what you want to hear. I program in all the frequencies for the sites I want to hear so I won't experience this problem.

When the system eventually goes to a true smartzone system simulcast in the valley as we know it will go away. Lastly, when rebanding is finally acomplished all these frequencies will change but don't hold your breath on this as the timetable has been delayed several times.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
New Questions about the snacc

The current edition of the local Scanner Book shows 30 sites for the SNACC system and the frequencies for each site. It should be noted that not all 30 sites are turned on. One caution about using just control channels when programming your scanners is if the control channel changes and you don't have the frequency in your radio that replaces the control channel you will suddenly miss what you want to hear. I program in all the frequencies for the sites I want to hear so I won't experience this problem.

When the system eventually goes to a true smartzone system simulcast in the valley as we know it will go away. Lastly, when rebanding is finally acomplished all these frequencies will change but don't hold your breath on this as the timetable has been delayed several times.

I tried this method because I was noticing my scanner was becoming deaf. This seemed to generate more hits. I have a copy of the book so may I ask a few questions?

Do you happen to know which sites on the list in the book are currently active?
Do you have a win500 file on this system? I'm wondering how I'm gonna get all this into my scanner. Or is there a preferred centralized site for the valley?
Thanks in advance if you can shed more light on this subject.

TOUGHLIFE

For monitoring the SNACC within the valley I use the frequencies showing on page 18 just below the list of agencies using it. This is the main site and it does simulcast with two other sites in the valley, Red Mountain and the Black Mountain I believe. I use it for everything but NLVPD (although you can).
For NLVPD I found that on page 19, WPUP510 from Angel Peak was giving me just NLVPD which I liked. I don't listen to them very often as I don't reside close to their city but they do get interesting from time to time. For trips to Laughlin (not very often) I use the Oatman Mountain site which does not have much traffic on it. It is not simulcast. I have not gone around to examine each site for activity as I have no need to but I do believe that a few of the sites covering rural areas may be active. So for coverage in the LV valley you might simply use what is showing on page 18 near the middle of the page.

I use computer software to program my BCT 15s', 330s', 396, and 246. I don't use any non-Uniden radios at present for scanning. It works well for me.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
One more question for you

This is good information. I'm looking at page 18 and page 19 and see what you are talking about. I have the 7th edition so I presume we are looking at the same material. Can I please ask do you have an arc file for the snacc for my Bct15? If yes please send me an email 737mech@cox.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.