IFB scanner frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio5650

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have another question. Is there anyone that either knows someone at wpvi tv or somehow someone could contact wpvi to see if the station could turn on the frequency 455.2375? That way, we would truly be able to hear the newscast. That is probably a crazy idea, but just thought I would put it out there to see what everyone thinks. I think it is the only way we would be able to hear it right now.

Radio5650

Banned
I have decided that I want to try and get wpvi to actually turn on the frequency 455.2375. But I don't know how I would do that, or if they would even turn it on. Could you guys give me some advice? I am dying to hear their news again on my scanner. It sounds so good.

JoeyC

I have another question. Is there anyone that either knows someone at wpvi tv or somehow someone could contact wpvi to see if the station could turn on the frequency 455.2375? That way, we would truly be able to hear the newscast. That is probably a crazy idea, but just thought I would put it out there to see what everyone thinks. I think it is the only way we would be able to hear it right now.

Are you for real? Earlier in the thread someone advised you that they would broadcast on the IFB freq WHEN THEY NEED TO. It is for the control room and on-scene talent to be cued for live broadcast. They aren't going to turn it on for people to with scanners to hear. If you truly want to hear the newscast, TURN ON THE TV.

ecps92

Our use the internet feed.

Time to unsubsribe from this endless thread. :roll:

Are you for real? Earlier in the thread someone advised you that they would broadcast on the IFB freq WHEN THEY NEED TO. It is for the control room and on-scene talent to be cued for live broadcast. They aren't going to turn it on for people to with scanners to hear. If you truly want to hear the newscast, TURN ON THE TV.

Radio5650

Banned
One more question. 455.2375 is on today, but there is no audio of the newscast. It is just blank. Can someone explain that?

Radio5650

Banned
Could someone please respond to this thread and tell me why this is happening? 45.2375 is on but there is no audio comming from the frequency. They usually broadcast their audio, but it is silent. I'm watching the newscast right now. There is audio of wpvi on my tv but not on 455.2375 which is their frequency. It is on but it is just blank. But I can tell the frequency is on. Please help if you can.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
I have not scanned the IFB freq's for a long time, but it was not too unusual in the NYC market for the various broadcasters to do exactly as you describe, transmit w/o any audio for periods of time.

I have no idea why they do that, but as I said, not unusual. Perhaps it's a way to keep a frequency open and keep other users from transmitting (which does not sound legal), but you would need someone that was in the broadcasting field to answer this question.

Radio5650

Banned
I have a response that goes to anyone out there, but especially for the person who responded to my question. To Jimru, he said that the ifb frequencies sometimes goe for a while without any audio just like the wpvi frequency 455.2375 is doing now. My question to him and to anyone out there is how long do these periods of silence last? If you had to guess how long would you say this silence lasted for based on your experience?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
I have a response that goes to anyone out there, but especially for the person who responded to my question. To Jimru, he said that the ifb frequencies sometimes goe for a while without any audio just like the wpvi frequency 455.2375 is doing now. My question to him and to anyone out there is how long do these periods of silence last? If you had to guess how long would you say this silence lasted for based on your experience?

As I said, it's been some years, but I recall many hours or even days of them transmitting just a carrier!

My question to you is this: Do you alternately hear audio broadcast on these now blank frequencies, or have they always just had the carrier, no audio?

Radio5650

Banned
Hi Jimru, the frequency I am hearing is wpvi tv Philadelphia. First I should point out to you something that is weird. I will hear it for a few days or weeks with the newscast audio then it will not even be on for several months. Then, it will come on again. I heard the wpvi news audio last April then didn't hear it again until this past Tuesday. The frequency didn't even come on since the end of april until this past Tuesday. People on this board explained it to me that the station just turns on the ifb frequencies when they want to. What do you think about wpvi's frequency based on what I wrote above? To answer your question, wpvi's frequency basically has newscast audio. Only from time to time does it come on but there is no audio.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Radio565, I wish I knew. As I've said, you would really need to find someone that has a lot of experience in the broadcast/news business to find out these kinds of things.
As a hobby scannist, all I know is that I have indeed heard the similar broadcasts of just carrier, with no audio, on some of the NYC IFB channels, but I don't know what they were doing it for.
Perhaps someone will kick in eventually on this thread that knows for sure.
Good luck!

CapStar362

im sorry but i think Radio5650 may be a terminated employee of WPVI trying to be snooping around. just WAY to persistent to be the causal scanner listener.

or quite possibly a chaser. trying to get early warning of locations and get the inside scoop .

all of this is speculation, but very well plausible and potentially true. the telltale signs are there.

Radio5650

Banned
Hi again. I need to clarify something. I am not affiliated with wpvi tv in any way. Just like to listen to news scanner frequencies. I just want to see if anyone has heard the wpvi newscast audio on any other scanner frequencies then 455.2375? Some stations use repeaters so I am not sure, but wpvi's ifb may be on more than one frequency. Please chime in if you guys have any information on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.