IFB scanner frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio5650

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Here is an update. 455.2375 is dead. There is nothing on it. Can anyone help? Does anyone know of any other frequencies where the wpvi tv newscast audio might exist? please help if you can. I want to thank those of you who have helped a great deal with answering my questions about this before.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I suspect cell phones have taken over the duties of many IFB's. Just dial into the "IFB" number and it picks up, instant contact with the show producer with a minor delay. Just a guess...

Radio5650

Banned
Thanks to the previous person who posted for your help. more specifically, I am looking for other specific scanner frequencies that may carry the wpvi newscast audio. Can someone take an educated guess as to what the frequency may be? 455.2375 is on sometimes and carries the newscast audio, but it is off most of the time. 455.0875 is supposed to be for chopper 6. I thought that might carry wpvi's newscast audio but that frequency is dead as well. any ideas as to what the other wpvi frequency may be that might carry their newscast audio?

KB7MIB

Search the following bands;
25.870-26.470 MHz
152.8625-153.3575 MHz
160.860-161.775 MHz
166.250 MHz (one frequency)
170.150 MHz (one frequency)
450-451 MHz
455-456 MHz
I don't know who uses what in the Philadelphia area. As has been stated, more than once, they may be using microwave relays, satellites or cell phones in place of their former frequencies. You may not find out what they're using if they're using any of these. Just accept it.

Radio5650

Banned
Thanks everyone for the info. However I am really looking for other specific frequencies. wpvi's ifb is 455.2375. What other frequencies could this ifb be on? please post any specific frequencies if you know them. Even if you are not sure any other guesses on other frequencies for wpvi's ifb would help.

Radio5650

Banned
Any updates on any possible ifb frequency for wpvi tv? 455.2375 is still silent which is the usual frequency they use for the ifb. please help. My goal is to keep this thread going.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
IFB can also be achieved in broadcast television via microwave, satellite, cellular voice, or cellular data.

Most local news affiliates in my experience achieve IFB primarily via microwave or cellular voice. I suspect that the UHF frequency is used as a last resort as my local news affiliates do. If it remains on for an extended time, perhaps someone forgot to turn it off. It happens.

Hopefully this is quite clear.

And I will add some stations in my market continue to use IFB on UHF frequencies, but NXDN encrypted. So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.