IFD/IMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

haddixjl

I have a Radio Shack Pro-651 handheld. I live in Greenfield, Should I be able to pick up IFD and IMPD? If so, I am not. I believe I have everything programmed in correctly. I am getting all Hancock County stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Unless you have an high gain 800 MHz antenna, or an external up high you won't have much luck getting the IDPS S1, S2 from Greenfield.

I run high gain 800 MHz antennas, the RS 800 MHz BNC duckie which is crazy good, and an 800 MHz SMA one which is very good but not as wow as the GRE manufactured RS one. I use an SMA to BNC adaptor to run the RS one on my BCD396XT for when I want maximum pull in on signals.

Using those, I can get the IDPS S1/2 as far away as Arcadia, and nearly to Martinsville.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTO_04

Unless you have an high gain 800 MHz antenna, or an external up high you won't have much luck getting the IDPS S1, S2 from Greenfield.

I run high gain 800 MHz antennas, the RS 800 MHz BNC duckie which is crazy good, and an 800 MHz SMA one which is very good but not as wow as the GRE manufactured RS one. I use an SMA to BNC adaptor to run the RS one on my BCD396XT for when I want maximum pull in on signals.

Using those, I can get the IDPS S1/2 as far away as Arcadia, and nearly to Martinsville.

Have you tried the Remtronics SMA for your 396XT? For me, it works as well or better than the GRE ducky on mine, plus you don't need the adapter!

GTO_04

rogersjoey6

I have a Radio Shack Pro-651 handheld. I live in Greenfield, Should I be able to pick up IFD and IMPD? If so, I am not. I believe I have everything programmed in correctly. I am getting all Hancock County stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am over in new palestine and I am getting Lawrence and IFD just fine and I am running a stock antenna on my Uniden BCD325P2

Viper43

??? IDPS 1 comes in fine with a rubber duck in Greenfield. System 2 won't no matter what you use. Never had a problem with system 1 though in Greenfield. Even inside buildings I usually pick up system 1. That's using a 436 or 396XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.