IFD Types of Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr19

I'm noticing that, for the past couple of days, when a unit is dispatched, the incident type (Chest Pain/Heart, Stroke/CVA, etc) is often followed by a letter such as, "B" or C" and I'm wondering what these letters represent?

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
On medical runs it refers to the way they respond either emergent or non-emergent and the only thing that I've heard them using it is on Mental Emotional runs

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I'm noticing that, for the past couple of days, when a unit is dispatched, the incident type (Chest Pain/Heart, Stroke/CVA, etc) is often followed by a letter such as, "B" or C" and I'm wondering what these letters represent?

Been asked and answered many times over. Google "emergency medical dispatch" for specifics.

kr19

On medical runs it refers to the way they respond either emergent or non-emergent and the only thing that I've heard them using it is on Mental Emotional runs

Which one is more emergent, B or C? I'm trying to tell based on the units they send, but I'm not a seasoned enough listener to be able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h00sierdaddy

Which one is more emergent, B or C? I'm trying to tell based on the units they send, but I'm not a seasoned enough listener to be able to tell.

The scale goes from:
A "Alpha" (Least Critical) --> E "Echo" (Most Critical/Cardiac Arrest/Not Breathing)

There's technically an "Omega" that is even less than "Alpha", but a lot of places don't use it.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And until very recently, these were NOT in use on locution, or aural dispatching for IFEMS. Only time you heard any codes were when an incident code was changed while the units were en route, and control would announce the change. About a week ago, this changed, and now ALL medical response calls have the letter code added. A lot of changes have occurred rather recently. No longer are IFEMS FD OPS TGs called FD OPS XX... They are now just OPS XX. Only Speedway, and Airport FDs still have any other designations. Airport is Airport FD OPS XX... Speedway is still SFD OPS. Most if not all IFEMS MDT/Laptops have been taken in to be redone, or replaced in last week or so also. This indicates some changes with the CAD system finally. And in the not to distant future, Pulse Point will begin use with IFEMS, as well as Westfield FD in Hamilton County.

kr19

The scale goes from:
A "Alpha" (Least Critical) --> E "Echo" (Most Critical/Cardiac Arrest/Not Breathing)

There's technically an "Omega" that is even less than "Alpha", but a lot of places don't use it.

You're awesome, thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kr19

And until very recently, these were NOT in use on locution, or aural dispatching for IFEMS. Only time you heard any codes were when an incident code was changed while the units were en route, and control would announce the change. About a week ago, this changed, and now ALL medical response calls have the letter code added. A lot of changes have occurred rather recently. No longer are IFEMS FD OPS TGs called FD OPS XX... They are now just OPS XX. Only Speedway, and Airport FDs still have any other designations. Airport is Airport FD OPS XX... Speedway is still SFD OPS. Most if not all IFEMS MDT/Laptops have been taken in to be redone, or replaced in last week or so also. This indicates some changes with the CAD system finally. And in the not to distant future, Pulse Point will begin use with IFEMS, as well as Westfield FD in Hamilton County.

I thought it was strange that Locution had stopped for a couple of days, but when it came back up that's when I noticed the codes being used. I didn't notice the changes to the TGs, but I'm still a novice to all this non-analog stuff. Thanks for all the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INDY72

Also, expect to start seeing some APXes on hips, and in units over the next couple of years, for IMPD, MCSO, and IFEMS.

Wonder where the XTSes and XTLes will end up recycled to? :)

INDY72

You're referring to the big TARFU/FUBAR with the old CAD at basically EOL and the failure of the second CAD which cost all those millions, that lead to back to the old CAD which is finally being redone etc? All I can say, is the situation legally is... fluid. Technically - things are getting fixed.... At least we didn't get hacked fully like Madison County did. All I can say is that the heads that need rolling over this whole crap shoot are no longer employed by IDPSC, and cant get rolled.... Lucky them huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.