IFR Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

They usually seem to get it posted the day after the "Published" date so we might not see it until tomorrow. In any case Jack, since I'm going blind reading those things, you're going to have to send my copy in Braille. That okay with you?

BMT

You can download the IFR now!!!

The last IFR we can download will be dated 28Sep.Shame on you if you miss this copy!!

BMT

TinEar

You were right...it's up. Anyone that has it bookmarked, to get to the newest edition, in the middle of the URL change the "dafif_0607_ed8" to "dafif_0608_ed8" and you're there.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This link is on the Wiki - but not for too much longer, unfortunately. As of the 1st of October, downloads from this site will be gone - migrated to the Intranet. I'm pretty sure hard copy will still be available - no doubt for a hefty price.

Get it while you can. Expect to hear more about this as the date approaches. 73s Mike

ka3jjz said:
This link is on the Wiki - but not for too much longer, unfortunately. As of the 1st of October, downloads from this site will be gone - migrated to the Intranet. I'm pretty sure hard copy will still be available - no doubt for a hefty price.

Get it while you can. Expect to hear more about this as the date approaches. 73s Mike

Whoa wait a minute. We'll still be able to order the FLIPs, Planning Documents and En route supplements and the various charts and Flight Information pubs in hard copy like we use to?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yep I'm pretty sure that's true - evidently it's only the download sites that are being affected - unless someone else has heard differently?

Save your pennies, nickels and dimes....73s Mike

Dank

TinEar said:
You were right...it's up. Anyone that has it bookmarked, to get to the newest edition, in the middle of the URL change the "dafif_0607_ed8" to "dafif_0608_ed8" and you're there.

Once I get there which files should I download?

TinEar

Dan, use the URL in message #6. Once there, select Ed.8 (HTTP version). Then, on the page that comes up, under the heading "plan" take the ap1b.pdf which gives you all the training routes and the refueling map, tracks and freqs. The usifr_sup.pdf is your next assignement. Those will keep you busy for the next several years reading them in their entirety.

In the "plans_ecns" heading you can check "VFR_ECN.pdf" and "AFR_ECN.pdf" for changes in an easy to read format.

Alan

rinkerk

Hope yoe have DSL, as I write, I'm downloading it on dial up.
This is gonna take awhile........:)

rinkerk

And it was worth it.
Too bad we will have to pay for it soon.
BRGDS.
K.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.