Ignore GPS HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

If the HP 2 is turned off, and I turn the HP 2 back on ,and I chose to ignore GPS.

Does it scan same the frequencies, that were in the HP 2, before it was turned off.?

And at the same RANGE?

Thanks

marksmith

I believe it will use the last known location from the GPS, along with whatever other options that you have selected to continue scanning where it left off. What it scans is determined by whether you were scanning location controlled favorites lists or the full database.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Location and Range settings do not change unless you change them, or they are automatically updated by a connected GPS unit (location coordinates).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's impossible. Not using location control with the full database would result in you scanning every government-licensed entity in the USA and Canada.

marksmith

I do not use "location control".

Using the "full data base"
The full database uses location control by default. It is either using last known GPS location or zip code, but it's not scanning the whole database.

bee

When scanning with the GPS "on", I scan the "full data base"!!

With several "service types" OFF

marksmith

When scanning with the GPS "on", I scan the "full data base"!!

With several "service types" OFF
Correct.

And you are scanning using location control, and only scanning a tiny part of the "full database" in your specific area as defined by the range of systems in your area and the additional range you set beyond that. (Zero miles by default).

You are not scanning the entire full database.

When you turn off the radio, turn it back on and say ignore GPS, it will scan that same chunk of the full database it was scanning before you turned it off.

bee

"Thank you marksmith.

One more question, does it scan at the same "range" as it did before it was turned off using the GPS, and turned back on, using ignore GPS.

I think, you have answered this question before, and your answer was "YES".

marksmith

"Thank you marksmith.

One more question, does it scan at the same "range" as it did before it was turned off using the GPS, and turned back on, using ignore GPS.

I think, you have answered this question before, and your answer was "YES".
That's a good question, as each time gps is enabled, the range is defaulted to zero miles and you have to manually set it to something else.

You can easily check that though by just looking at what is set for range once it restarts. I typically set mine for 5 miles when not using GPS and it changes it to zero. I've not looked to see if it sets it back to 5 miles or leaves it zero.

bee

HP 2-ignore GPS

If I have my HP 2 in my car using the GPS.

If I disconnect the GPS and take the HP 2 into my house Does the HP 2 use the last frequencies it was

using while it was in my car hooked up to the GPS?

And when the HP2 is in my car and I turn it on and it says ignore GPS.

If I select ignore GPS does the HP 2 use the last frequencies that it was using when it was using the GPS

Thanks

phask

Premium Subscriber
Yes - it uses same location. How do you think it would get any other location?

Once set, it retains that until changed, either keyboard, GPS, auto-location.

If write to it it will use the default in your preset.

If I have my HP 2 in my car using the GPS.

If I disconnect the GPS and take the HP 2 into my house Does the HP 2 use the last frequencies it was

using while it was in my car hooked up to the GPS?

And when the HP2 is in my car and I turn it on and it says ignore GPS.

If I select ignore GPS does the HP 2 use the last frequencies that it was using when it was using the GPS

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you disconnect the GPS, the scanner will continue to use the last location received from the GPS until you enter a ZIP code, manually select or specify a location in the scanner menu, or write a new location from Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.