IHERN Radio Directory w/PL List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Can’t locate my old IHERN PL list map. Anyone have an old copy laying around? Realizing that some hospitals have came and went etc. But it would be more complete than what is listed here in RR.

ecps92

If info is missing and you have actually heard it, Please submit it thru the process, information does not mysteriously appear based on guide-books
Can’t locate my old IHERN PL list map. Anyone have an old copy laying around? Realizing that some hospitals have came and went etc. But it would be more complete than what is listed here in RR.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As Bill states: If you want the DB updated and correct, its up to you folks out there to submit the latest CORRECT information on tones, and use. I will go ahead and say that NONE of the hospitals or clinics in Marion County use IHERN any longer. IHERN is patched into the IDPS TRS, and is encoded to a TG that ALL medical facilities in the County monitor for tone up from Indianapolis EMS who act as MED Control for the system. As far as I know, the IHERN Tone for the patch is the Statewide 210.7 PL. I will be deprecating the rest of the Marion County listings tonight.

DiGiTaLD

I will go ahead and say that NONE of the hospitals or clinics in Marion County use IHERN any longer.
Every major facility in Indianapolis-Marion County that I am familiar with does in fact maintain VHF capability on site. I am responsible for the care and feeding of one of these stations, a hundred watt MTR 3000 on 155.34, and I can tell you for a fact it gets used every day.

Standard practice for most facilities in Marion County is to have a minimum of two channels, either both on a console or one or two desksets (one deskset per channel if they use two). Usually this is whatever EMS-Mx DPSC system talkgroup is assigned to that facility, and VHF IHERN "Local" which is 155.34 NFM CSQ.

Typically, VHF IHERN is used to communicate pre-arrival with private ambulance services, air medical services, or out-of-county EMS that may not have DPSC (MECA) capability. The patch from VHF conventional to the DPSC system talkgroup mainly serves for interoperability purposes. As far as I know, it is wide open carrier squelch and repeats everything it hears on VHF to the DPSC talkgroup.

What does not get used in Marion County, as far as I know, is anything EMS-to-hospital on the IPSC (SAFE-T) system. The ISDH talkgroup HOSPITAL-N serves as the intrahospital communications talkgroup, fairly analogous to the old IHERN Regional (155.28) but in practice the only time it is used is for the monthly drills put on by the various ISDH districts.

If one hospital needs to talk to another, they usually just call on the phone...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
IEMS does use SAFE-T to talk to Hendricks County hospitals, JMH, etc. If they need to talk to other hospitals not on the IDPS systems, they can use the Hospital Transport TGs. All IFEMS radios have SAFE-T in the copdeplugs and all the surrounding Counties that are not on the IDPS systems have them in the codeplugs of their radios. IEMS is told to go to the SAFE-T TG's for Hendricks Regional and IU West frequently. In fact they were instructed to do so this am when needing to talk to HRH Brownsburg. Hendricks TG's are Zone 15, Ch. 12, 13, and 14 are the Hospitals. JMH is in Zone 22, Ch. 11. Of course they are both, as well as the HamCo Meds also in Zone 7 "Other EMS". The Dept. of Health Zone Ops are Zone 25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.