Illegal CBers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSUBucks

I havn't been able to pick up the big powered CBers on 27.025 or the sideband freebanders in quite a long time.. are these guys still out there? can't get anything on my grundig satellit 800

i dont condone the people broadcasting.. but listening to these idiots is/was a guilty pleasure!

Thanks,
Tony

elk2370bruce

These nitwits are often free-banding between 11 and 10 meters, along with encroachment on 10 as well. What kind of antenna are you running? If you're using the built in extendable whip, you should seriously consider something with a bit more rf signal grabbing power. Would still like to hear one these guys get fried by his Kalifornya Kilowatt. HEY DERE YOU'ALL!! (BZAAAP) and then silence and the smoking of pork butt.

brandon

Database Admin
I'm sure they are still out there. The bands are probably in the toilet.
I usually hear high powered CB stations on CH-6. They have their own language... can't understand a word they say but I often hear them reference eastern states and sometimes hear Hawaii in the mix.

tnf

noob question...whats illegal about them? is it their high tx power? Thanks for not flaming! -tnf

KOK5CY

Cbers

There out there trust me ......i've heard a few and i know a few ....I'm not going to say what freq there on . FREE BANDING is illegal on some freq's but not all . 4 watt's is the legal power but the fcc doesn't monitor cb any longer except when they get complaint's .

gcgrotz

Freebanding is by definition illegal on all freqs. If someone is on a legal CB channel with legal power then they would not be freebanding right?

Note to tnf: not only high power but making contacts over long distances is in itself illegal even if your power is legal.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's simple. Just don't talk to them if they're over the 150 mile limit which has been in place
since 1958 when 27mhz. was given to the chicken-banders.
N9ZAS

N

N_Jay

policeMonitor said:
if skip is right there is nothing you can do about it

WRONG!!

You don't request the contacts and you don't engage in the contacts.

Yokoshibu

Interestingly enough Cb'ers are not the only ones that have been out of band doing things illegal... IE fisherman are begining to follow that trend.

brandon

Database Admin
high powered CB's on channel 6

tnf said:
noob question...whats illegal about them? is it their high tx power? Thanks for not flaming! -tnf

I remember seeing an article somewhere that had pictures of these guys setups. They are in vans and run thousands of watts of power.

gcgrotz

brandon said:
I remember seeing an article somewhere that had pictures of these guys setups. They are in vans and run thousands of watts of power.

Yeah, I saw a TV show with that, one guy ran so much power the VCR, several hundred feet away, spit out its tape. Another guy put out I don't remember how many kilowatts before his special alternator blew its belt. Sort of like the car audio guys with their exploded woofers.

N

N_Jay

All this proves there is almost no limit to the creativity of idiots with more money than brains.

OSUBucks

thanks guys.. yep I am using the built in whip... didnt realise the sunspot cycle was at a low moment too.. that could be one of the reasons they seem to go "away". I still hear the truckers on 19 (27.185) though

elk2370bruce

Just once, I'd love to here one of these yahoos loading up their Kalifornya Kilowatt anywhere in the spectrum, hear a resounding BZAAAP, the issuance of a shrill, terminal scream, and smell the essence of pork butt roasting that is wafting slowly from their shack. It would just make my day.

S/ The Mighty Millawatt of Central NJ - HUMM, BZAPP, YAIIIE, (Thump).

Status
Not open for further replies.