Illinois QSO Party 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Is this Sunday October 23rd from 1700z to 0100z. I'll be activating Boone County (EN52nh) if anyone needs the county or grid.. or just wants a contact. I plan on starting on 20, and after that dies out hitting 40.. Watch the DXCluster for my call to find out where.. I'm usually the only one activating Boone County, so I get spotted quite frequently.

More info/rules: ILQP

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm done. 111 contacts (I don't like contests) and 7k + points.. If I worked you, logs have been submitted to the contest.. Also have uploaded to LOTW, eQSL, and QRZ...

teufler

years ago, my radio club operated the Illinois QSO from Kaskaskia, Ill. Kaskaskia is on the Missouri side of the Mississippi River. We operated xxxx/9 ki. 9k is Kuwait. Needless to say, we scored lots of points. We had a 40 meter quad and an 80 meter quad held up by some big trees. We had pig tails on the quad antennas so switch from a director to a reflector. CW was the big thing, we had Europeans trying to break into the pile ups.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Congrats! Some guys only submit to the contest.. Me, I spread the joy. Be patient, they could be one of those ops who only upload monthly.. My longest wait for a QSL was 2 years.. and I'm sure there are others on here that could make that look like a weekend.

edweirdFL

Based on about 100 QSOs since I've been working HF in the last 50 days, I'm running about a 50% confirmation rate for my QSO's which I typically log into QRZ and send to LoTW in near real time. (within minutes afterwards) A couple days to a couple weeks is when most are confirmed by the other party.

There's always the excitement of seeing a confirmation come in, even on the days when I'm not using my radios to make contacts.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Based on about 100 QSOs since I've been working HF in the last 50 days, I'm running about a 50% confirmation rate for my QSO's which I typically log into QRZ and send to LoTW in near real time. (within minutes afterwards) A couple days to a couple weeks is when most are confirmed by the other party.

There's always the excitement of seeing a confirmation come in, even on the days when I'm not using my radios to make contacts.
111 contacts in the contest. 36 have confirmed via LOTW..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.