Illinois Starcom 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I have spent the last 2 hours going over, step by step, my only favorites list that I am adding today. It is the only list I have.

It is the Illinois Starcom 21 system, and the favorite I am trying to add is IDOT and TOLLWAY Maintenance.

First..the scanner itself. Everywhere I look in the scanner, it has the system assigned to favorites list #8...correct. However, in the scanner menu, under the selection to SET SCAN SELECTION then sub menu MANAGE QUICK KEY STATUS it tells me that there are no favorites or quick keys assigned. Period. I cannot get past that.

In the scanner itself, every other option shows quick key #8 is assigned and on; I have checked SERVICE TYPES, and the correct ones are on.

Why would the MANAGE QUICK KEY STATUS say NO favorites set and NO quick keys assigned. That is surely not true.

In sentinel, the system is programmed as a p25 system. Nothing in Sentinel will allow me to modify the P25 Threshold or the P25 mode. As of now, there is only a dash (-) there.

In sentinel, all quick keys are assigned to #8.

Is that a problem for a P25 system: assigning everything to the same quick key?

I will go back in now and remove all the quick keys from sentinel and try again. That way the system should scan as long as it is not AVOIDED.

I have been thru the manual twice.

I would appreciate any of you experts at this please give me something to work with. ??

Thank you. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I erased the IDOT system from my scanner. I went into sentinel and removed all the quick keys (#8)

Uploaded to scanner. IDOT is in scanner again, with no quick keys assigned...anywhere.

Service types are correct.

Still will not scan. According to the manual, a favorites list will always scan if you have no quick keys assigned.

Once again, the scanner tells me that no favorites are in the scanner. Not true.

I am assuming that the information for this P25 site is wrong..corrupted in the data base.

Still, I would really appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
For the last 4 hours, I turned off the scanner, and sat here looking at the sentinel software. I looked at everything possible, checked, cross checked, and rechecked. And Damn it !!! I found it. Issue resolved !

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.