Illinois State Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph1975

Hey all I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are some of the more intresting ISP frequencies to listen to. I basically havent entered any of the trunking frequencies yet and was wondering if there was alot of action on non trunking listings. I checked out the database ..Oh so many options! Thank you for any opinions provided. Oh yes I am in Westmont if that at all matters on what I will be able to pull in.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Westmont is one of those yuppy Chitown 'burbs, right? :)

The better question here is what you are using for a radio and antenna. If you are the average handheld scanner user, the anwser to your question is "not much". If you have a decent external antenna, then load up the radio with the freqs in the database (VHF low and VHF High) and listen away.

By default, ISPERN and IREACH due to the amount of traffic. If you have a radio capable of listening to the District Chicago EDACS system, plug it in. Also check out the 800 MHz conventional channels that D15 (tollway) uses.

N9JIG

Sheriff
aph1975 said:
Hey all I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on what are some of the more intresting ISP frequencies to listen to. I basically havent entered any of the trunking frequencies yet and was wondering if there was alot of action on non trunking listings. I checked out the database ..Oh so many options! Thank you for any opinions provided. Oh yes I am in Westmont if that at all matters on what I will be able to pull in.
http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/pdf/pdfProfiles.html has all the info on ISP ops.

flydream777

For me personally, District 15 is extremely boring... District Chicago EDACS system cuts in and out reception-wise, and I can't hear the D2 and D5 VHF-Lo channels, so I don't listen to ISP much. For those of you that do, is there anything really interesting to listen to (in the up-state area)?

Status
Not open for further replies.