Illinois Trunking help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph1975

Hello all , Pretty much new to the hobby I was fortunate enough to receive a nice gift ( Pro 97) from my dad and I am able so far to program all the local PD's and FD's some Illinois State Police some Cook County Police etc ... I understand tottaly how to program most of it but the only trouble I am having is the trunking programing .. I do undertand how to select the mode of trunking when programming ( mot / EDASC et ) but I am curious to know which frequncies and in what order do you have to put them etc .. I am pretty much intrested in Chicago Police / State Police and Cook Co. Trunking, I have left a open bank for each. If anyone can help me out with the frequencies and a little on how to add them into my banks I would greatly aperciate it! Thank you.

flydream777

You can find all the freqs in the radioreference database by searching for IL and then Cook County...

As far as the agencies you mentioned you wanted to listen to:

Chicago PD: just an analog motorola system so you can just plug in the red or blue freqs and it doesnt have to be in a certain order. But this system is used only by detectives, drug and gang officers, so if you wanted to hear calls you should program the conventional 460 band freqs, which is a lot easier...

Cook Co Sheriff: this is motorola also so you dont need to program them in any order, but the patrol talkgroups are encrypted, so i dont think you'll be able to listen w/ a Pro-97.

State Police: the district chicago state police use an EDACS system, which you DO need to plug in in order, so you leave channel 0 blank and program ALL the freqs in according to the order shown in the database ("Logical Channel Numbering"). You can choose between the north and south systems...

Hope that helps.

flydream777

Sorry, i just realized smthg i wrote was ambiguous. For a motorola system, if you see red and blue freqs in the database you have to program BOTH the red AND the blue, not just one or the other. You can leave the black ones alone because with the Pro-97 it automatically detects which freqs are being used based on the data channel (the red and blue ones).... Hope that makes sense...

aph1975

Thank you flydream, I am going to program the frequencies later when I have a spare moment. The info was very apreciated! thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.