I'm a BCD996T noob now! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX-300

I Just received my new BCD996T from Scanner Master, came in only 3 days, a record for me as my other radios took more than 2 weeks. Not too bad getting started on it as its just like the 396T of course, albeit with a few more bells and whistles :D.

Last edited:

cpuerror

congradulations on your purchase... i have a 996 and a dx-300 too. But man, does that dx-300 ever involve a lot of dial turning to tune it.

HDMechanic

Im out of town right now but will send you the foles i have on monday evening. Can you PM me your email adress??? A little tip for you. When programing channels taht are digital make shure the seting in the scanner is set to digital. Better sound quality.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have some stuff I *just* pulled off my 996 today for another user.. I'll zip 'em up and post them here, if I have time before work.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Here are my 996 files for ARC996PRO, guys. Be aware that they were pulled off my 996 last night and some channels/groups/etc are locked out because of my listening tastes/abilities (i.e. either I don't care to hear them or I have another radio to hear them on, so I want the scanner listening to something else). When reading the files, make sure that the channels you do want are unlocked.

These will also have half-decent lat/long information for most of the files. Some of the ones I want on all the time (RCMP, Alberta Wide, etc) deliberately don't have position information. Others which I want OFF all the time, unless I manually enable them (BCAS, BCFS) also don't have position information.

If you don't have ARC996, you can view these files with a text editor, but the format is not as simple as the UASD format, so you can't easily plunk this into an Excel spreadsheet by renaming it to a .csv file. And you can't export anything from ARC996 to CSV or other formats. Sorry.

Somebody make me a Linux control program/programmer/database for the 996 and I'll switch to that in a heartbeat. :D

Last edited:

DX-300

Thank you for the file Jay, I went big and I have ARC996 PRO as well :D so no prob. And thanks in advance for the assistance HD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.