i'm a noob. antenna reverberation anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby_analog

i don't own any radios. i only own a telivion with an antenna. it just so happened the other evening that i overheard a commercial with reverberation. i thought it had a cool effect.

i'd rather not study the abstract approach to noise generation and things of that sort but i'm curious to know if there is any possible way to create reverberation from my television through the use of some device?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

bobby_analog

thanks

thanks for the reply.

basically im trying to figure out if there is a way that i can get my television to generate echoes.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Find a store where they sell electric guitars and see what they have.

af5rn

When applied to television audio, the term is transmogrification, not reverberation. It can be done on older televisions utilising isotropic antennae, but not on flat screens, digital receivers, or televisions connected to cable or satellite, unless you use an external device. But on a standard, analogue picture tube television, it's pretty simple, if you have the right tools.

1. The television must remained plugged into an AC power source during the procedure, and the power on.

2. Remove the back cover from the television.

3. Clip the yellow wire running from the power transformer to the audio amplification board.

4. Remove the cover from the power transformer and locate the rectabular excrusion.

5. Using a #3 ambihelical hexnut wrench, loosen the middle hexnut from the trichotometric indicator by one-quarter to one-third of a clockwise turn. No more and no less.

Here's a diagram so you don't make any mistakes:

parastatic.jpg

It always works. If it does not work, then either you failed to follow the directions to the letter, or else your antenna is not isotropic. Good luck!

n2mdk

Set up a large fan just in front of where the sets speakers blowing towards the set. May not get the exact effect you want but it should sound somewhat like a Dalek.
E X T E R M I N A T E

rabidmoose57

DO Not forget

Please whatever you do, don't forget to tighten the polyferide rectifyer with a hyperspanner set to 33cm! And for pity sake, GROUND IT first!

af5rn

rabidmoose57 said:
Please whatever you do, don't forget to tighten the polyferide rectifyer with a hyperspanner set to 33cm!
Exactly! It's all about having the right tools and not rushing it! I saw a guy try it with a T6 star driver once and it blew his right arm off! Remember, you MUST loosen clockwise!

And for pity sake, GROUND IT first!
Ooops! Sorry, I forgot to mention that! But as long as you stand in a tub full of water while you're doing it, you should be okay.

Last edited:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
It won't work unless the ground connection is saturated with polyurinated unobtanium.

DPD1

Using an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator works best. Then there should be an earth shattering kaboom. Either that or you'll start getting free Pay Per View.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I once had a TV antenna that howled when the wind hit it just right. It took a while but I figured out what the ghost of dead Santa stuck in the chimney was all about.

Great Lakes, you just have to know where to find the illustrations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.