I'm getting tired here

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

I'm getting tired.After the x amout of time here, I have found out there is no adults here but kids .After reading endless flame wars,rude remarks,big ego,immaturity,proven you are right you are wrong,wannabe cop,wannabe hams,wannabe scanner guys,rude behavior,RR Wasteland with rude kids and so on.I'm wasting my time here.

Really why stay here? After the members are bold enough to say my post on EMF or RFI is all BS and will not explain why it is wrong or what paragraph is wrong !! I have had enough .

And that was not only that thread but other threads on here like ocguard saying !!
''So what are we getting at? I am right, right? Virtually unbreakable? NEC208 is wrong?''
Absolute BS.
Don_Burke
Your scanners have oscillators in them.

In simple terms, if receivers are not designed or maintained right they DO!
wlmr

Maybe it's just me, but I remove all EMF shields from my radios as soon as I buy them. I just feel like I am being cheated if I am not allowed to absorb all the energy the device radiates. I can't understand anyone paying $500 bucks for a scanner today and not wanting to get everything out of it that they could.
af5rn

And not explaining more but slicerwizard has to come in and explain what 128-bit is and what computers can and cannot do.

Some other examples
-antenna laws in the Toronto area?
-some problems with Uniden Scanners!!
-800 Mhz trunk radio type of scanner?
-Should Our 4-Year-Old Child Be a Crip or a Baller?
-Type of siren old and new?
-Knowing The Tones
-I get interference and weak signal
-Scanners or cell phone on a air plane!!

And members playing word games,hijacking the thread and endless immaturity.Well some members want to help others are just kids causing problems.

And some other posts and threads.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Just try and stay away. . . I bet you can't or won't. :twisted:

See you soon.:lol:

mastr

As Clint Eastwood said, "Men must know their limitations."

N

nec208

Some times in the past I did go for 5 or 10 days just to go on vacation to relax .

It is too bad 10% of my threads or posts turn out like that .I remember one on fire trucks the big cabs and big tiller trucks.The old 50's and 60's big tiller trucks than the quint trucks.
:eek:

wlmr

The following is a quote from a web site I found after two minutes on google.

The info below is copied directly from and belongs to the below link -
http://my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/am_rec.htm

(beginning of clip)
In the 1930's Major Armstrong developed the superhetrodyne principle.

3. A superhetrodyne receiver works on the principle the receiver has a local oscillator called a variable frequency oscillator or V.F.O.

This is a bit like having a little transmitter located within the receiver. Now if we still have our T.R.F. stages but then mix the received signal with our v.f.o. we get two other signals. (V.F.O. + R.F) and (V.F.O. - R.F).
(end of clip)

This is only one example of why we challenged your statement that oscillators belong ONLY in transmitters. I'm not about to get into the entire design of receivers, IF stages, etc. PLEASE read and study more about how radio receivers work before making statements about how things work. And I'd suggest asking more "am I right" style questions instead of typing out explanations about how things work that get corrected by others due to incomplete info, poor conclusions, or partial facts presented as the entire truth.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! :twisted:

Not only do you have a poor grasp of basic concepts, but your poor grasp of the English language doesn't help matters. Most of your posts don't make any sense. You also have a bad habit of talking **** about things you have no earthly clue about, and making ASSumptions that you shouldn't be making. It's no wonder so many of your threads have wound up going down the crapper as they have, and have gotten locked by a moderator.

nec208 said:
It is too bad 10% of my threads or posts turn out like that .I remember one on fire trucks the big cabs and big tiller trucks.The old 50's and 60's big tiller trucks than the quint trucks.
Thanks for reminding us all of that beauty of a thread you started, telling us how firetrucks don't need crew cabs. Great observation from someone who has fought exactly how many fires in his life? Oh...that's right...NONE! There is a reason some of us who are actually on the job have the so-called "rude" attitude we do towards certain (not all) buffs. You and your posts are a shining example of that reason. You sit in the comfort of your safe, climate controlled room listening to us out there in the field on your scanner, and you feel that somehow entitles you to have a CLUE what is really going on out there. Newsflash: It doesn't even come close. There are SO many things that never get broadcast over the radio that are going on, that you couldn't possibly form an educated opinion on what it's really like. You're only getting a fraction of a glimpse of the action by listening.

I don't hate buffs or scanner enthusiasts in general. What I do hate are guys that think because they've spent time listening to us, that they're ready to trade in their lounge chair for a hose, gun or badge because they "know" the job. That's just flat out ignorance and arrogance, and I have no tolerance for it. Walk in my boots for 15 years as I have, then we'll talk.

SAR923

Have a glass of the kool-aid. It will help you calm down a bit. I've found there are a lot of folks way smarter than I am about radios and it's best to listen rather than argue unless you really have the training and background to know the right answer...in which case, you probably wouldn't have to post the question. :)

We also have a lot of active duty, retired, and former peace officers, firefighters and emergency medical personnel on this board. I try to learn from them as well about the real world, not just what I hear on my scanner. Even though I'm a retired peace officer, I wouldn't presume to tell a firefighter how a fire truck should or shouldn't be set up. The only thing I know about firefighting is to run out of a building on fire and how to direct traffic so they they don't run over the firefighter's hoses.

Just some food for thought before you think the whole world is against you.

N

nec208

Yes I found out doing google search computers and radios have oscillators.So yes scanners have oscillators.

But the part about oscillator = transmitter is where he should have explain what really is a transmitter and oscillator .Has he knows I don't really know what transmitter and oscillator are.

Thanks for reminding us all of that beauty of a thread you started, telling us how firetrucks don't need crew cabs. Great observation from someone who has fought exactly how many fires in his life? Oh...that's right...NONE! There is a reason some of us who are actually on the job have the so-called "rude" attitude we do towards certain (not all) buffs.
I only know of 2 or 3 threads where I was telling how the fire should run things different.And it really was not telling them to run things different it was more what I like.If some one comes here saying fire trucks should be red, big cabs or big tiller trucks may be they like it than think they know it all.
You also have a bad habit of talking **** about things you have no earthly clue about, and making ASSumptions that you shouldn't be making. It's no wonder so many of your threads have wound up going down the crapper as they have, and have gotten locked by a moderator.
That is why I put novice to radios,electricity,electronics and my statements may be wrong do to being a novice .The members where thinking my statements are in stone.May be like WLMR saying am I right should be better.

Like saying big cabs are better more room and 50's and 60's big tiller trucks are better than the ladder trucks in the 90's I'm I right here.Or saying oscillators are only for transmitters I'm I right.Than coming agross I know it all and I don't know what I'm talking about.

May be at the start I should have made it clear I'm also a notice to fire-fighting and I don't really know any thing about fire-fighting so I don't come agross has a 3 star DC telling the fighting how things should be.
You sit in the comfort of your safe, climate controlled room listening to us out there in the field on your scanner, and you feel that somehow entitles you to have a CLUE what is really going on out there. Newsflash: It doesn't even come close. There are SO many things that never get broadcast over the radio that are going on, that you couldn't possibly form an educated opinion on what it's really like. You're only getting a fraction of a glimpse of the action by listening.
The problem is I thought the 50's and 60's big tiller trucks are so much bigger than the 90's trucks .And thought the 50's and 60's big tiller trucks can go to the 15 floor and 90's trucks no more than the 9 floor.The problem is like most of my threads , I think it is this way or I think it works like this but I really I'm a novice to radios,electricity,electronics,scanners,FD,EMS,PD so on.But the members thing I know it all.So this is where the problem is.

Last edited:
N

nec208

Have a glass of the kool-aid. It will help you calm down a bit. I've found there are a lot of folks way smarter than I am about radios and it's best to listen rather than argue unless you really have the training and background to know the right answer...in which case, you probably wouldn't have to post the question.
Yes this is where my posts are coming agross has telling the fire guys this is how they should run things or I know it all.

Where the members are getting bad is I no so little about radios,electricity,electronics,scanners,FD,EMS,PD so on.And yes I know there is alot of the stuff on cell phones,MDT or person to person talk than radio.And alot of police in the station doing stuff that you do not know about than hearing stuff on your scanner.

Or CIB or D units doing lots of stuff , but really not talking too much on the radio.To get a better picture do work at the station and do ride ons.But really I'm not telling how PD,FD or EMS should do things .It is just the way I write it is coming agross that way.

Last edited:

Shortwavewave

Not to be rude but its the Internet!! and this IS the wasteland, your life will go on I promise

Im sure Ive pissed people off before, and some have pissed me off but its all good, actully some are actully trying to help they just dont know how to say it the right way.

dic

Nec208.

I too have considered leaving this website completely.

I must humbly state that if you are honestly considering leaving, your experience will not be complete without some sort of altercation/interaction with LOUMAAG.

If you are considering leaving now, have a couple of posts with him and you'll be RUNNING for the door.

The meaningless voice of experience speaking,

Dic

pdfdems286

i very seldomly have anything bad to say here.some of the reason's are,i'm 50 year's old and have a little bit more maturity and life experience's than some of the younger member's on the board.one of the other's is we are not accomplishing anything by being at each other's throat.this is primarily a radio related website with a few smatherings of other thing's thrown in.i go on this site each and every day,and have learned numerous invaluable thing's from other member's.i have also tried to help other's out with my 30 year's plus of radio knowledge.NO i'm not a radio tech.,but i do know some stuff.the bottom line without using a lot of flowery word's is,if you don't like it here,then go !.there are plenty of other websites to start your fight's on.you are alway's going to attract a small percentage of trouble maker's to any website.i don't alwy's agree with what the moderators say.for the most part though,they contribute many hour's to policing this website and helping out.and i thank them for that effort.in short,if you don't have anything to contribute,then sit back and watch quietly.

zz0468

Listening from DC to Daylight
nec208,

You know... I did try to take some time and explain a few things, either in the forums or in PM's. As much as a crank as I can be, I do enjoy teaching stuff to newcomers. But in some of these cases here, I've never been so frustrated in my life. I think one of the areas where you're doing yourself a disservice is by asking questions the require a relatively advanced knowledge in order to comprehend the answer, and then disputing the answers you're given by some pretty knowledgeable people. You really need to forget everything you think you know about radio and electronics, and start with a clean slate.

Keep something in mind that I've observed about 'radio people': The good ones are difficult to get along with. They're into radio because they lack the social graces to be something else, but DO have the brains to make things work. This translates as cranky curmudgeons who bristle at the very whisper of some of the VERY wrongheaded thinking that is exhibited here. Ask questions, admit you don't know, and don't argue when you get answers. And read. There's some damn good books for beginners. I told you that before.

Personally, I don't care if you go or stay. I have no friends here. It's just a place to talk about radios, occasionally get humbled and learn something, and occasionally thump my chest about something I know that someone else doesn't. Don't take it personally when someone rattles your cage. It's all part of the game, and you just may learn something. Sometimes I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.