I'm Going on I-71 from ohio to lousiville kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

What are some good frequencies i could load into the scanner to listen to on the way down?

State Police mobile repeaters... Hamilton County, KSP for Kentucky,
What type of scanner, you need digital to hear the most, but there are files from both GRE/RS and Uniden available.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
State Police mobile repeaters... Hamilton County, KSP for Kentucky,
What type of scanner, you need digital to hear the most, but there are files from both GRE/RS and Uniden available.

I have a pro-96 and what are the frequecncies for the mobile osp repeaters?Are they the mobile extenders?And all i need is the control channel for these counties and the pro-96 will track the marcs sites in these counties?

Mike-KC8OWL

The P96 should work just fine.

Load all of the MARCS Control Channels for the counties you will be driving through into a single bank and then add the Talk Groups for the OSP regions assoicated and and you should be good. Remember to also include the TAC Talk Groups and you may also want to put LEERN and STATEWIDE in between the Control Channels. I would not worry too much about the OPS MARCS mobile repeater since you are just passing through.

If you want to hear only OSP then use the scanner in Closed mode; if you wat to hear everything on that tower, use Open mode.

jerk

The P96 should work just fine.

Load all of the MARCS Control Channels for the counties you will be driving through into a single bank and then add the Talk Groups for the OSP regions associated and and you should be good. Remember to also include the TAC Talk Groups and you may also want to put LEERN and STATEWIDE in between the Control Channels. I would not worry too much about the OPS MARCS mobile repeater since you are just passing through.

If you want to hear only OSP then use the scanner in Closed mode; if you wat to hear everything on that tower, use Open mode.

Mobile Repeaters just give a heads up, saw six OSP and one sheriff car last Friday, but got the "warning" sooner that some were nearby... but they always sit on the Delaware/Franklin line.

jerk

Here is a I-71 File, it does not include Kentucky
I believe I got it from Monix files, and if I get time I can try and add KY frequencies.

What County in Ohio is your starting point? And are you going all the way to Louisville?

Attachments

• I-71 Ohio.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.